1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS: Rob Allen MB-2 5 String Fretless-Priced to Sell

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ted burik, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ted burik

ted burik Supporting Member

SOLD! Rob Allen MB-2 5 string unlined fretless

I've had this bass for several years, purchased used from Bass Northwest. The bass is in excellent condition with a wonderful organic upright-like tone. It's an Ash body, Walnut top, Bird's Eye Maple neck, and Ebony fingerboard. Weighs in at just under 8 lbs. with a 35 inch scale and 19mm string spacing. Very hard to let go of this beauty, but I've got one too many fretless basses!

Priced for quick sale: asking $1695 shipped/insured CONUS. Will ship in a Protec Consego case. Paypal preferred, but will consider other forms of payment. NO TRADES-I've got too many basses! Please send PM with any questions. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. ted burik

Additional pics

Attached Files:

3. ted burik

more pics

Attached Files:

4. bass12

bass12 Fueled by chocolate Supporting Member

These basses are wonderful and this is a great deal. Good luck with the sale!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

An amazing deal here, I suspect that this one won't last long.....

7. ted burik

Thanks, folks. Very hard decision to let this one go!

8. FunkyMcNasty

FunkyMcNasty Supporting Member

9. JTbass_6

JTbass_6

I had to let go of a deep 5 a few months back. Liked it . A lot> How does the tone compare between this model and the deep? Anyone out there has a comparison perspective ? Beautiful bass!!

10. SteveC

SteveC

Man, would this be perfect for the piano/bass duo gigs I've been doing lately. I brought out the upright for one (no amp) but I had to play too hard and messed up my hands. If I have to drag an amp along I'd rather use a bass like this. To me, once you have to amplify an upright, some of the charm is lost.

These are amazing basses. I've had an MB-2 4,5 and a Mouse. Probably the only bass is own other than a Roscoe. This is really tempting.

11. rbeck47

rbeck47 Supporting Member

Tempting for me too. Should never have sold my MB-2 fretless 4. Just not sure about the extra string since I don't play much 5. Hmmmm.....what to do?

12. bass12

bass12 Fueled by chocolate Supporting Member

I have the "extra" string and love it. ;)

13. jackcarlisle

jackcarlisle Supporting Member

Emailed you my information to make the arrangements. Jack

14. ted burik

I own both the MB-2 and Deep 5. Both are fantastic instruments. I would say the MB-2 is a bit more focused in its presentation with a slight low mid bump. Rob Allen as described the Deep 5 as having a bit more "air" around the notes due to the larger chambered body and neck configuration. You can't go wrong with either instrument.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.