1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS: Roscoe Century VI, rare madrone burl top, demeter pre

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe & International' started by vilkai, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vilkai

vilkai Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Traded pending.

I've had several Roscoes and this is tied for the best one, with the white ash bodied SKB3005. The madrone burl top is fairly rare, the body is Spanish cedar. Neck is a wedge neck, I think maple/purpleheart/maple with stringers. Wenge fingerboard. End result: very full tone, with a sweeter c-string than most 35" basses. Works reeeally well for most fingerstyle genres. Also has Roscoe barts, Demeter pre-amp. 35" scale, 18,3 mm string spacing, the famous Roscoe neck, and one of the very best B-strings around. I've had Dingwalls, and Roscoe can take Dingwall.

In comparison to most Roscoes, this one has a fuller tone due and nicer top end/not too rumbly low end due to the Demeter pre and the cedar body. Aguilars tend to have shrill top and muddy thundery lows, the Demeter has glassy highs and clean, full lows. And the Demeter doesn't have a papery, squicky clean character at all. Nice!

Ergonomics: Roscoe has some of the best ergonomics around. From the way it balances to the neck dimensions to body contours, nothing detracts from playing.

I went over the bass very carefully. There are the usual superficial scratches you get with modern finishes. No dings or dents anywhere on the bass. The frets are now brand new and are done to Mike Tobias level of quality.

Everything is in full working order. Comes with a gig bag.

Comes with a v nice undercover gig bag. Traded. Would be happy to take more photos for interested parties. Also have some soundclips demonstrating the traditional Roscoe tone in a bossa/swing trio. Trade-wise, something cheap and nasty plus cash would be interesting.

[​IMG]

http://s626.beta.photobucket.com/user/prkl0405/library/Roscoe/CSVI%20Madrone%20Burl
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.