SOLD FS: Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor 4, minty + candy

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by VifferMike, Apr 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VifferMike

VifferMike Registered Four Banger Supporting Member

SOLD: a gorgeous 2011 Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor 4 in all but mint condition. Color is a deep, beautiful translucent blackburst that reveals the swamp ash body's grain only in bright, direct natural light (see the photos below, which were taken on a sunny late afternoon). Neck is quartersawn Canadian hard rock maple with a rosewood fretboard with side dots only, and weight is 8.8 pounds.

For those of you relatively unfamiliar with Sandberg: these are made mostly by hand in Germany and have some unusual features like a zero fret and an awesome bridge with individually locking roller saddles and adjustable string spacing (18.5-19.5mm). Pickups are Delano-inspired twin humbuckers with a coil tap switch that activates the coil closest to the neck on each pickup, effectively turning them into hum-less single coils. They're very clean, with a tad more bite than a Delano. The pre is a Glockenklang 3-band with active-passive mode (and the passive mode will work without a battery). The neck is quite Jazz-like, with some C-profile meat but very quick and playable; it feels similar in profile to a Modulus VJ.

It's an extraordinarily versatile bass, right up there with a Lakland 44 series or a G&L L-2000 (both of which I've also owned), which is a big reason why I bought it. I've owned this for about 4 months and really do not want to sell it, but I have an unexpected medical expense coming and need the funds. The only blemishes on it are some minor surface scratches from play (a black bass will always show these) and a barely perceptible BB-sized paint imperfection on the back bevel.

I've installed a Hipshot X-tender (the original tuning key is included), Dunlop Straploks, and medium-gauge balanced Circle K/Kalium strings; otherwise it's stock.

This one's all but new and yours for $969 shipped CONUS, (These sell for $2,200 new here in the states -- $1,800-ish overseas.) PayPal OK. Sale includes a really nice off-brand HSC and original paperwork and Allen keys.

Pics:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. VifferMike

Price drop! There've been a couple of nibbles ... but seriously: this is a bad-ass, clean-sounding bass that can cop just about any sound. Someone will be very happy; I know I am with it, but it's got to go. Life getting in the way, again ...

3. VifferMike

4. VifferMike

... for a bit of missing info: weight is 8.8 pounds. Yes, it's light, too ... and the swamp ash is a custom option (gloss BKTs usually have alder bodies).

I've really got to move this soon, so I'm going to give it a few more days here, then offer it up elsewhere. Make me a reasonable offer ... either way, at this point this is pretty much a steal for a bass that, if you're in the Western Hemisphere, I can almost guarantee no one else will have where you are ...

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. VifferMike

$969 shipped CONUS. PayPal OK. I'm taking a loss now; make it your gain!

If this doesn't sell by Monday or so, it'll be time for Plan eB. Ay!

7. mtdkingstonheir

mtdkingstonheir

That's a mighty fine looking bass. GLWTS:)S

8. VifferMike

Off to SoCal to convert another to the Cult of Sandberg. :bassist:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.