1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS: Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor 4, minty + candy

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by VifferMike, Apr 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VifferMike

VifferMike Registered Four Banger Supporting Member

SOLD: a gorgeous 2011 Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor 4 in all but mint condition. Color is a deep, beautiful translucent blackburst that reveals the swamp ash body's grain only in bright, direct natural light (see the photos below, which were taken on a sunny late afternoon). Neck is quartersawn Canadian hard rock maple with a rosewood fretboard with side dots only, and weight is 8.8 pounds.

For those of you relatively unfamiliar with Sandberg: these are made mostly by hand in Germany and have some unusual features like a zero fret and an awesome bridge with individually locking roller saddles and adjustable string spacing (18.5-19.5mm). Pickups are Delano-inspired twin humbuckers with a coil tap switch that activates the coil closest to the neck on each pickup, effectively turning them into hum-less single coils. They're very clean, with a tad more bite than a Delano. The pre is a Glockenklang 3-band with active-passive mode (and the passive mode will work without a battery). The neck is quite Jazz-like, with some C-profile meat but very quick and playable; it feels similar in profile to a Modulus VJ.

It's an extraordinarily versatile bass, right up there with a Lakland 44 series or a G&L L-2000 (both of which I've also owned), which is a big reason why I bought it. I've owned this for about 4 months and really do not want to sell it, but I have an unexpected medical expense coming and need the funds. The only blemishes on it are some minor surface scratches from play (a black bass will always show these) and a barely perceptible BB-sized paint imperfection on the back bevel.

I've installed a Hipshot X-tender (the original tuning key is included), Dunlop Straploks, and medium-gauge balanced Circle K/Kalium strings; otherwise it's stock.

This one's all but new and yours for $969 shipped CONUS, (These sell for $2,200 new here in the states -- $1,800-ish overseas.) PayPal OK. Sale includes a really nice off-brand HSC and original paperwork and Allen keys.

Pics:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. VifferMike

Price drop! There've been a couple of nibbles ... but seriously: this is a bad-ass, clean-sounding bass that can cop just about any sound. Someone will be very happy; I know I am with it, but it's got to go. Life getting in the way, again ...

3. VifferMike

4. VifferMike

... for a bit of missing info: weight is 8.8 pounds. Yes, it's light, too ... and the swamp ash is a custom option (gloss BKTs usually have alder bodies).

I've really got to move this soon, so I'm going to give it a few more days here, then offer it up elsewhere. Make me a reasonable offer ... either way, at this point this is pretty much a steal for a bass that, if you're in the Western Hemisphere, I can almost guarantee no one else will have where you are ...

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. VifferMike

$969 shipped CONUS. PayPal OK. I'm taking a loss now; make it your gain!

If this doesn't sell by Monday or so, it'll be time for Plan eB. Ay!

7. mtdkingstonheir

mtdkingstonheir

That's a mighty fine looking bass. GLWTS:)S

8. VifferMike

Off to SoCal to convert another to the Cult of Sandberg. :bassist:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.