FS: ScanGauge II vehicle monitor

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by jkonrath, Jan 23, 2014.

1. jkonrath

jkonrath Supporting Member

I have for sale a ScanGauge II vehicle monitor. It's a small gauge (about the size of a harmonica) that plugs into the OBD2 port of your post-1996 US car and displays information gathered from your car's onboard computer.

This can be used to display up to four values on its LCD screen, updated in realtime. These can be raw values, such as MPG, MPH, RPH, engine temp, throttle position, injector pressure, and a dozen other things (depending on your car).

It can also be programmed to calculate compound items. For example, I programmed it to track MPG over the course of a trip. You can do things like calculate total cost per trip or fuel remaining.

It's also an OBD2 code reader. Show the codes reported when you have problems, or reset your engine light when your wife leaves off the gas cap again.

Lots more info: http://www.scangauge.com

I bought this unit in 2008, so it has the 3.x firmware. (It can be updated to the 4.x firmware with performance monitors, like 0-60 or 1/4-mile times, which is $25 at their site.) This includes the gauge, two OBD-2 cables, and the manual. Velcro on the bottom.

$100 shipped, CONUS only, paypal preferred. I might also consider trades for the right dirt or envelope filter.

I used this for almost 50K of highway commuting, and was able to train myself to get another 5-10 MPG out of my car. Your mileage may vary, but this could easily pay for itself if you do the same. Only selling because I bought a new car yesterday, and it does a lot of the stuff from the factory (and I'm scared to put velcro on the dash of a car with 12 miles on the odo.)

2. jkonrath

jkonrath Supporting Member

Bad pic:

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1390503611.281442.jpg

I may also be able to plug this into my new car for a shot of it turned on - PM me for more info.