1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS: Schecter Stiletto Studio 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by cewillm, Dec 5, 2013.

1. cewillm

cewillm #1 Adam Clayton fan Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Good tidings and greetings everybody,

I recently purchased a Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 as I'm playing more music which requires the low B. I really liked the way this bass sounded originally, but I'm finding it's just not growly or throaty enough for my current interests (melodic post-hardcore). It's got a singing, sweet, warbling tone that would really fit in with a more mellow setting, like a pit band, jazz trio, or light rock.

I'm a big fan of this bass' looks and playability. The construction quality is amazing for the pricepoint. It's heads and tails above a Lakland 55-01 and other sub-$1000 "boutique-style" basses. This particular specimen is in great condition. The electronics cavity has some light scratches which could be improved with a plastics polish, and there is one 1/3" long scratch on the rear bottom, as pictured. It's not as deep or as prevalent as the photography makes it to be. Otherwise the headstock, neck, and body are very clean! No buckle rash or other dings on the corners.

The electronics sound great IMO, but the EMG-HZs and preamp are too polite and refined for my tastes. The B string is nice and tight.

I'd like to pick up my replacement bass Saturday, so I'm looking for a really quick sale at $400 plus shipping CONUS. That's well below what I paid for the bass!

I can personally deliver this bass anywhere in the PA/NJ/DE area. I don't include a "shipped" price because shipping cross-country can really kill the money I'm trying to make back with this sale. But generally the east coast will run you about $50 and the west coast will be closer to $100. That's because I drop the bass off at a professional shipper and let them do the hard work (peanuts and double-boxing), so you know it's done right.

Bass will include a simple gig bag.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. cewillm

cewillm #1 Adam Clayton fan Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Bump, somebody take her to a good home? At a price lower than this I might as well trade it in to Guitar Center.
  3. Tet

Tet

0   0   0

I know its late, really late, responding to his. However, a friend introduced me to this site and I am looking at a lot of Schecter models. I assume this bad boy is gone by now, but hey, it is worth asking right?