1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS: Schroeder 410 and 21012 cabinets

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Franco Bollo, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Franco Bollo

Franco Bollo Gold Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Up for sale are my two Schroeder cabinets: a 410 and a 21012. These are the older versions with the side-facing drivers. Both have two 10" drivers facing forward; the 410 has another two 10" drivers facing off at an angle while the 21012 has a single 12" angled driver. Each cab has an impedance of 4 ohms.

Both of these cabinets are very efficient and take a reasonable amount of power. The 410 is rated at 1400 watts. The 21012 was rated by Jorg Schroeder at 1200 watts, but based on the power rating of the individual drivers, I feel that the correct rating should be 1000 watts.

Both cabs are pretty deep sounding, especially the 21012. The 410 isn't quite as deep sounding and has a more pronounced mid-range bark. I've used each one individually, but the 410 has seen more gigs. Used together (with the 21012 on the bottom), they sound great. With a good power-amp they can get as loud as you can take, standing in front of them.

Asking $450 each, plus shipping, or $800 for the pair. PayPal preferred.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I replaced the tweeter knob on the 410, as part of the pot shaft had sheared.
    [​IMG]

The 410 has a slight tear in the carpeting on the front/top
    [​IMG]

Franco
  2. gguillo

gguillo Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

$800 for both?! What a STEAL for this rig! The 410 alone is enough to use in any large club setting... All you need is a head that can provide that massive 4ohm wattage! ;)

I have a little bit of experience with Schroeder cabs. I've played through a few single 10"s and single 12"s, and they sound great!

As far as a large Schroeder rig... I was fortunate enough to get to open for North Mississippi All-Stars several years ago in Little Rock, AR, at the Riverfront Outdoor Amphitheater and their bass player (the amazing Chris Chew) let me play through his Schroeder cabinets during our opening performance. Of course, I had to use my own rack & amp head so I wouldn't mess with his settings. At the time I was using a 1200w QSC amp bridged with a Line 6 Bass Pod Pro... needless to say, the sound out of the cabs was huge! If I remember correctly (as it was a few years ago), he used a 410 cabinet sitting on top of a 1215 (something like that). What I can remember is that it was SUPER BEEFY, and at that time I was playing Ampeg 810e cabs! That was my first experience with Schroeder cabs. I still remember that massive stage tone!
  3. jbassmaniac

jbassmaniac REPRESENTING THE LOW END TO NO END Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0

I have a 21012 I use for medium size clubs and used it last night w/ my Genz Benz Streamliner 900. Incredible cab by itself at 1200 watts. The tone is punchy, articulate and deep. You cannot go wrong with a Jorg Schroeder cab. If I had the grips I would buy that 410 from ya right now. Tough times financially right with Christmas costs. GLWTS
  4. SteveHeissner

SteveHeissner

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Hmmm... you're local to me and I've always wanted a Schroeder rig.
  5. Franco Bollo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Steve,

You're of course most welcome to come on over and check them out.
  6. Franco Bollo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Both cabs are still available.
  7. Franco Bollo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

8. Franco Bollo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

9. jakkkk

jakkkk

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Disclosures:
    Schroeder Cabinets Endorser
    I've been using Schroeders for years, smoking cabinets, great deal.....
  10. dukeplaysbass

dukeplaysbass Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

I've never smoked a cabinet. What's the buzz like? :p

But seriously, folks - Schroeders are pretty awesome.

(Full disclosure: I was once and still may be listed as a Schroeder endorser artist....)
  11. lax4bags

lax4bags Gold Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Weight on each?
  12. Franco Bollo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

If I recall, when these cabs were listed on the website, Jorg gave the weight as 75 lbs for the 21012 and 78 lbs for the 410. However, to me, the 410 feels more than just 3 lbs heaver. But they are pretty light for non-neodymium speaker cabs.

BTW I still have the original boxes and packing.
  13. 2WHEELBASSICS

2WHEELBASSICS

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Hey is the 21012 still available?
  14. Franco Bollo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Yes, both cabs are still available, either separately or as a package.
  15. rlsuarezv

rlsuarezv

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Shipping cost to FL33172? Would you take $ 400 for the 410?

Are any of the components not original, or have been repared, or in need of repair? Thanks!
  16. Franco Bollo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

PM sent.

The only issue with the 410 is as stated in the original post. I replaced the tweeter control knob, since part of the pot shaft had sheared. It is fully functional but not original.
  17. Franco Bollo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Both cabs are still available.