1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS: Sei Flamboyant 6 String Bass, LEDs, EQ02 Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by philiprst, Mar 16, 2014.

1. philiprst

philiprst Supporting Member

Regretfully I am selling my gorgeous SEI Custom Flamboyant 6 string bass. This particular custom-order bass has many upgrades which are detailed in this listing. As described in the remainder of this listing, the bass is in excellent used condition but one of the concentric EQ potentiometers will need to be repaired to make it fully functional.

This bass features Sei's 7-piece maple/wenge 34" scale=length laminated through neck with a birdseye maple fingerboard and LED side markers behind aluminum windows. The top and rear of the body have three piece wings with a veneer between bookmatched curly walnut facing and the body core. The electronics cavity and battery covers on the rear of the instrument cut out from the facing wood. The headstock front and rear also have matching curly walnut facings. In addition to the photographs shown below, you can see a couple photographs of this bass on the Sei hompage in the Flamboyant gallery.

The pickups are Bartolini 6-string soapbars and the 5-knob/3-switch electronics/preamp/EQ is the top-of-the-line EQ02 system with LED lighting option.

The bass is in excellent used cosmetic condition with the usual signs of light playwear. There are several small pinhead sized dimples/dings not through the finish that can been seen close-up on the right lighting conditions and a few superficial scratches/marks. Overall I would rate this bass as 9/10.

There is one defect that will need repair: the inner shaft of the concentric bass EQ knob has broken cleanly off so the inner knob has separated from the potentiometer. This occurred due to poor packing when the bass was shipped to me and I have never got around to having it fixed. The outer ring of the potentiometer is still working and the inner knob is included and undamaged. Repair will require the replacement of the concentric potentiometer whose inner shaft is broken, but the knobs can be reused since they are not damaged. My luthier estimated that replacement would require 30 minutes to an hour of labor, plus the cost of a new potentiometer. I have set the price of this bass to reflect this damage.

Since this bass has been stored for a couple of years it will also need the action to be reset and the bridge adjusted. I had the bass set up by my luthier when it arrived and it has just drifted over time and lack of use.

The base tone of this bass is what you would expect given the wood selection: tight and punchy with a great deal of clarity and definition. The complex EQ system makes this a very versatile bass and it records very well.

The bass comes in a SKB TSA style case, also in excellent condition.

If you are interested in this bass you will know what this instrument would cost if ordered new from Martin. I have priced this bass much lower that Flamboyant models in similar condition that I have seen for sale, although they rarely come up.

I am looking for $2500 including paypal and shipping and paypal, fully insured, by FedEx ground to the lower 48 states.

I am happy to answer any questions you might have and provide additional high resolution photos. I am willing to discuss other shipping options including expedited services at cost and international shipping to Europe and Canada.

I do encourage you to read my feedback and comments from over 260 transactions here on ebay, including numerous high end guitars.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Disclosures:
    Tone Bastards Cables
    Wow!!! Talk about a rare bird. At this price you are pretty much giving it away. Last Sei I played smoked. It killed my Roscoe and that is saying a lot because I absolutely love my Roscoe.

3. IGotGas

IGotGas Cajun Rocker

These are simply amazing basses, and blow away other rigs costing 2 to 3X more when new. At this price, I'm not sure you'd find ANY bass close in quality and fit/finish for sale ANYWHERE for even $1500 more!! But the tone of the SEI ends the discussion, especially live or in studio!!