1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: SKJOLD Standard '92 Model (built in 2010)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Tugboat, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tugboat

Tugboat Supporting Member

This bass is absoluteley gorgeous and plays like a dream. It has a slim neck and the action is the lowest I've ever played on a bass with no buzzing or problems whatsover. It is just built perfectly. I bought it not that long ago but I'm beginning to exclusively play 5 strings now, and I'm ordering something custom, so I need the cash. So more details about the bass....
    34 inch scale
    19 mm string spacing at bridge (adjustable from 18.5mm - 19.5mm)
    •Premium grade Ash body
    •Blue Green burst satin finish
    • 26 Fret Morado fingerboard
    •Black hipshot hardware - ultralight tuners, A style bridge
    •2 x SC1 pickups - split single coil custom design
    Bartolini 5.4 Pre-amp
    7.5 POUNDS!!! This this is light as a feather, and perfectly balanced.
    I'm going to post some pictures of the bass below, but I want to explain some TLC that the bass was given just last week.
    As far as routine stuff, it was re strung with D'Addario EXL-170's, fret board oiled, frets all cleaned and polished, intonation and neck checked. Preamp re grounded and all wiring checked to be good to go. My bass guy gave the wiring the once over because he was in there. When I bought the bass there was a "ding" as called by some others, I called it a "gouge" that a luthier put in under the mid switch when he was doing work on the preamp. It wasn't that big of a deal, but I'm OCD and needed it to look like new again. I will put before/after pics in a new post below and explain it so you get it.
    Anyway...I can assure you right now this bass is in the best shape it's been in since the day Pete sent it out of the shop, I have made sure of it. It sounds amazing.
    Also included in the sale will be a Protec Contego gig bag/case.

$1500 shipped CONUSA open to reasonable offers

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  2. Tugboat

About the work done....you can see in the pics below under the mid switch the gouge I was talking about. What we did was use a good concave metal washer with black rubber on one side and laid it in there and used a resin type washer around that in the top. It was all put in with silicone so as not to do any damage if somene was to ever want to do something different. I think under the circumstances there really wasn't much else to do and I think it came out fantastic considering. We also changed all the washers and nuts under the controls knobs to black, which you can't see in the pics, but makes a difference asthetically I think and looks way better. One other small thing we did was the battery cover had a crack on one of the tabs, so we put in a small pin across the inside and put a little plate with velcro on there, and the other piece on the cover to make sure it stays, and it's perfect and you can't see it from the outside at all. So when you put the cover back on the tab end that you take out first goes back on first and it snaps in place. It was just a small problem that needed to be addressed so we addressed it. Like I said in the original post this bass hasn't been in this good of shape since it left the shop and it really is a beauty. Everyone who has seen it, heard it, or played it has just flipped over it. Here are those before/after pics.

Before:[​IMG]
    After:[​IMG][​IMG]
  3. Tugboat

Bump for awesome bass at less than 1/2 the cost of new.
  4. Tugboat

5. Tugboat

BUMP PRICE LOWERED
  6. Tugboat

Sunday bump
  7. Tugboat

TRADED

Closed.