FS: Some excellent basses - Fender Am Dlx Jazz, Line 6 Variax, Geddy Lee, and more

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by scootron, Oct 23, 2012.

1. scootron

scootron

Bad days. I have to sell three of my all-time best toys. All four bangers.

1. 2007 American Deluxe Jazz Bass - I've had several Deluxe Jazzes, and this is far and away the best I've ever played. Great balance, super fast neck, superb condition. This was my practice room bass. The frets are in excellent shape since I used tapes almost exclusively and flats the rest of the time. No rounds. It has that extra nice Fender case. [DEL]$1100[/DEL]
    $1050 shipped. Conus only. Will consider offers.

2. Line 6 Variax - These are hard to sell, because if you haven't played one you don't understand just how damn cool they are. It plays great and models 24 different basses. Not all of them are spot on, but most are, and even the ones that miss sound good. This one is in outstanding condition, no flaws. Flats only, so the frets are in excellent shape. [DEL]$650[/DEL] $600 shipped. Conus only. Will consider offers.

2. Jwood

Jwood

Would like to see the Geddy if you're able to post pictures yet.

3. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

bump for pics?

4. el basso

el basso Supporting Member

+1 for pics, please

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. scootron

scootron

Yeah, sorry guys. I'm working on it, but I'm in the process of moving, and I'm here and they are there. Hopefully a day or two. Thanks for your patience.

7. scootron

scootron

Here's a pic of the Deluxe Jazz:

Attached Files:

8. scootron

scootron

The picture makes it look as though there is a scuff on the upper bout, but I don't remember there being one there. If there is, it is invisible except with a flash at that angle.

Attached Files:

9. scootron

scootron

Pics of the Variax.

Attached Files:

10. scootron

scootron

Looks like the Geddy will stay locally. I will have right of first refusal if it ever goes on the market again. So I got that going for me.

11. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I just picked up a Variax should be here Monday did the flats make a difference?

12. scootron

scootron

I don't think they made much, if any, difference in the sound, perhaps because of the Variax pickup and the electronics. For me they improved the playability. It amounts to playing flats without losing the benefits of rounds. And, given the choice, I'd much rather play flats.

Any interest here? God, I hate craigslist, and I won't even think about that auction place which shall remain nameless. I think about 99% of the music gear I've bought and sold over the past few years has been right here. You can trust people, and in way over 200 transactions, I've only had one small problem.

13. scootron

scootron

Prices on the American Deluxe Jazz and the Variax have been reduced. If they are still a little out of your price range, please free to make me an offer.

14. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Got the Variax today folks this is one cool great sounding bass get one of these while you still can I'm putting two of my basses up for sale this thing is nice !

15. scootron

scootron

Okay, here's something new.

I'm going to lower the price once more on these basses for a week. The American Jazz Deluxe (the best bass I've ever had) goes to $1000 shipped, and the Variax goes to $550 shipped.

This coming Wednesday, I get to leave this prairie wilderness and return home for the Thanksgiving holiday, home being where the basses are. While I'm there, I'll take numerous close up quality pictures with my Nikon D70. Once these vastly improved images show up in the listings, and everyone can see clearly the marvelous condition of these basses, someone finally will step up and buy them. And you'll be asking yourself why you didn't grab these when you had the opportunity.

You can wait until then, or you can study the present pics as best possible, take into account my feedback (which should be close to 190 and 100% by now), and make your move. I've sent basses to England, France, Canada, Iceland and even Russia. I'd love to send one or two basses to you.

If the condition of these basses is not as I have told you, I'll give you your money back.

Why am I parting with beauties? As I may have said earlier, new job, less money, clear across the state way from home. The Deluxe Jazz is to pay bills, the Variax is so I can get the kids stuff for Christmas. So, it's not that there is anything wrong with either bass. They are both wonderful. I just need the dollars.

Thanks for your time.

16. SirMjac28

Folks these Variax basses are incredible and are getting harder and harder to find and this price is a giveaway once you get this bass home and play it you will see what I'm talking about it is not a toy when I got mine I sold two of my previous favorite basses and put that money in my G.A.S fund here is a short demo of this bass this guy is just plugged into a computer and it still sounds good check it out

17. TC_Bass

TC_Bass Supporting Member

18. miguelondiablo

miguelondiablo Supporting Member

Hello i am in Toronto , Canada will you ship here? let me know so i can send you my info to get a quote, i'm interested in the Variax bass, thanks.
    Mig

19. TC_Bass

TC_Bass Supporting Member

Payment and response to your PM sent

20. scootron

scootron

Yes, I can ship to Canada. Obviously, it will be a little more than shipping CONUS, but I've shipped to Canada several times with good results. Thanks for your interest.

21. scootron

scootron

Well, I'm a total idiot. Plus, it has been a problem getting things done with me 250 miles from home and relying on the wife for a lot.

The pictures on the listing are not pictures of my Variax. It is a Variax pictured, just not mine. (I'm not real sure why I have those pictures on my computer, anyway.)

My Variax is the burst version four-stringer. Even better looking than the black/grey, IMO, and in wonderful condition, as are the Line 6 case and all the accessories.

Due to my error, the sale fell through, so it is once again available. I'm home now for Thanksgiving, so I'll be able to get some pics up tomorrow.

Thanks for your interest, and sorry for all inconvenience caused by my mistakes.