1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS - Sparkle Green G&L SB2

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by whoatherechunk, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk Supporting Member

SOLD

No Trades.

For sale is a G&L SB2 in sparkle green. It is in excellent condition. I tried dating the bass and according to other G&L’s in that range of serial #'s on the registry at www.guitarsbyleo.com , it shows that this was made around 2006 (?). I'm more than happy to give you the serial # so you can try investigating the date of birth. As far as I can tell, there are no dings in the finish and you really have to examine the finish under direct light to find any of the subtle scratches. This is a pretty heavy sparkle flake finish and it is pretty resistant to any markings. There is a tiny black scuff and a little ding on the bottom of the headstock as seen in the photo. There are little nicks on the bridge where the screws meet the bass plate and a little bit of wear on the pickguard but nothing out of the ordinary. The bass has been professionally modded to have a tone knob added so that it is now V/V/T. Neck width is 1.5”. The pickups are the stock MFD’s and they can be aggressive or smooth depending on the tone you dial in. According to the previous owners on the board, it has a #6 neck. Build quality is superior to the majority of Fender’s I have ever played. About 3 weeks ago I put on a fresh set of DR Marcus Miller 45-105 Fat Beams. Sounds great. The new owner of this bass should have no problem getting a ton of compliments on the tone and finish of this beast.

G&L hard-shell case included. It has some scuffs but nothing major. I do not have the key.

I’ll send more pics upon request.

Here's a thread discussing this bass. Plus there are some more photos as well.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f148/g-l-sb2-green-sparkle-458717/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. WoodyG3

WoodyG3 Supporting Member

3. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

4. 707hippie

707hippie Supporting Member

Did you possibly have interest in trading , if so what are your interests , "KILLER" bass.If it comes here I may play it w/o a pickguard , and rage the "GREEN LANTERN"
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. 707hippie

Oh I guess its not like that , is it sorry
  7. whoatherechunk

I'd prefer to not do trades. Thanks, though. Let me clarify that in the listing. "Green Lantern", "Ocean of Green", I'm sure we can think of more.
  8. 707hippie

Where is the bass located ?
  9. whoatherechunk

10. Zitch

Zitch Don't Slap the Cheesecake! Supporting Member

Media:
    these sound awesome!!!
  11. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am Gold Supporting Member

I do not understand G&L, they makes these crazy cool sparkly finishes then leave the headstock natural. Bump for a sweet bass, I love the Green.

[​IMG]
  12. 707hippie

I do not understand G&L, they makes these crazy cool sparkly finishes then leave the headstock natural. Bump for a sweet bass, I love the Green.

They have some "fresh" matching headstock "flake" finishes and I too do not understand why they choose to leave the headstock maple on most.I agree with CrashClint and of course I also agree with "SWEET BASS" and " <3 the green"
  13. peteybass

peteybass

Bass looks great as is. Love the maple headstock.
  14. whoatherechunk

I've always like unpainted headstocks. On Music Mans, Fenders, G&L's, whichever builder there is. I think it'd be a bit overdone if it was painted but hey that's me.
  15. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    This is insanely GAS-inducing.
  16. fritzk9

fritzk9 Supporting Member

Nice bass! What's the weight?
  17. whoatherechunk

I don't have a digital scale on hand but to me it feels like a solid 10. I can get a definitive weight measurement on a digital scale tomorrow.

18. whoatherechunk

Bump. Unable to get a definitive weight but I still say it's a solid 10. I'll post up the a measurement from a digital scale ASAP.
  19. whoatherechunk

I weighed the bass at a friend's house and surprisingly it came out to 10 lbs even. If I can borrow another scale I'll post up the results. Bump.
  20. whoatherechunk

Bump. Price drop.
  21. whoatherechunk

Need this gone. Bump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.