1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS Spector NS-4 SSD 1993

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lird12, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lird12

lird12

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Hello gang,

I am putting up my beloved Spector NS-4 on sale. I am a 1 bass at a time sorta guy so after much contemplation, I chose my Alembic Brown Bass instead. This Spector is awesome and easily one of the craziest sounding basses I have ever heard. Very crunchy and burpy. It is definitely a player's bass and has been loved. I got it from Guitar Center about 4 months ago and it arrived very dirty. I got her professionally cleaned up and she looks better than ever. There is slight oxidation on the knobs and brass saddle. The wires connecting the battery were old so I replaced them with new ones using electrical tape. The case was stepped on by my friend so it is concave but still protects the bass. (luckily the bass wasn't inside when this happened!) For a 20 year old bass the fret board is in very good shape and so is the neck. The back of the neck seems to be satin. I am sure I left some stuff out, let me know if you have any questions! Thanks!!

1350$ shipped CONUS PAYPAL
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  2. anton72

anton72 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

What's up with the bridge E-saddle? The string sits not in the center and it causes E-string misalignment, so if you look at the posiion of E string along the neck it's too close to the neck edge. The other thing I've noticed is that the truss rod cover is not in the center of the headstock...strange.
  3. anton72

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Just looked at my friend's NS-4 to see how the position of the cover of headstock looks, it's pretty much in the center.
  4. Zitch

Zitch Registered Brand of Cool Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

Is that a crack under the nut through the headstock?
  5. mmbongo

mmbongo Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    118   0   0

I think that E string saddle is on backwards?

And oddly enough, I think NS-4's had off center truss rod covers. I used to have one (#84).
    Here's a pic of mine..I won't post the pic here to avoid confusion with the one that's for sale so I'l just post the link.

This is NOT a pic of the bass that's for sale. This is my old SSD, just to show how the truss rod cover is installed.
    Looks like the right side screw is centered on the D string, just like the one that is for sale (or at least the hole where the screw used to be!)
    http://www.chuckamuck.com/guitars/prevbass/images/ssd3.jpg
  6. Sleepwalker42

Sleepwalker42 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

So happy you decided to keep Blondie :)
  7. anton72

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Strange...the only reason I see for it is the truss rod itself is still in the center but the cover is a bit moved up to squeeze between the tuning pegs. Because if you look at it you can't put it in the center anyway unless you make the cover smaller. It means that headstock of SSDs differs from Kramers' because on my Kramer it's just in the center.
  8. lird12

lird12

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Yeah, truss rod and everything works perfectly, just seems not centered like you said. And yes the E string saddle is probably backwards =/ kinda a klutz when it comes to stuff like that haha. There is no crack in the headstock, it is smooth all around. And Enzo, blondie grows on me each time I play it!, just gotta find the right rig to unleash the crunch!
  9. lird12

lird12

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

10. lird12

lird12

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

11. lird12

lird12

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0