FS: Squier 70's, Fender MIM P, MIM J FL, Warwick Dolphin, Sadowsky MV4, Alvarez AEB

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kulit17, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kulit17

kulit17 Wal Collector #35 Supporting Member

So i'm getting close in getting a bass i've been GAS'ing for the longest time so i need to move out some gear to keep the misses happy and at bay.
    **EDIT**
    note: Picture of bass below is NOT FOR SALE
    Used for feedback purposes for seller that had it listed in Basschat.

:BASSIST::BASSIST::BASSIST:AND ITS HERE!!!!:BASSIST::BASSIST::BASSIST::BASSIST:

[​IMG]

I am open to trade offers as long as it involves 2 or more of my basses (need to dwindle down the collection), however I cannot add any cash in my end

Also for any of the MIM basses i am looking for an even trade for either a MIM LPB jazz bass or any other differ color thats not shown (natural, sunburst or black).
    Also, I'm open to guitar gear as well (not just bass).

TRADE OFFERS, please send via PM and keep this thread clean. Also when sending a PM, put exact bass your interested in the subject line so I know which bass you're inquiring about.

Lots of pics here!!!! :bassist:

***edit 11/11/2013****
    most basses on this thread have been sold or on hold **thanks TB**. I will be opening a new thread with basses i'm open in letting go: Alvarez electric bass, MIM CAR P bass (if not already traded :smug:), MIM Sunburst P bass, new AVRI 58' P bass and beater Yamaha RBX170.
    thanks to all who showed interest!!!

HERE ARE THE AVAILABLE BASSES:

1996 Fender MIM Precision bass in CAR (Candy Apple Red)

Price $275 shipped with generic gig bag or $300 shipped in a new condition roadrunner polyfoam case or $340 shipped in molded Fender (gun style) hard case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not 100% sure of the color so if someone would like to correct that, please do :) Overall the bass is in excellent condition, except for a small chip near the bottom that actually exposes the wood, but no damage to the wood itself, as pictured.

[​IMG]

Body is made of Alder from what I gather. Headstock shows little to no wear and tuners function flawlessly.

[​IMG]

Trussrod functions fine and moves in both directions. Neck is setup for low action. There is also a minor ding on the neck behind the second fret, but hardly noticeable. Cavity has been shielded using copper shielding tape. Weight is 9.16 lbs. Neck width at the nut is 1.6" and at the 12th fret is 2.25"

[​IMG]

Price $275 shipped with generic gig bag or $300 shipped in a new condition roadrunner polyfoam case or $340 shipped in molded Fender (gun style) hard case.

Alvarez Acoustic Electric Bass

Price is $300 shipped with OSSC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Personally, this is another keeper since every stable needs an AEB to be complete, but just to let it out there. It's an Alvarez RB-30SC NAT. It plays really well and sounds great. The build in tuner is pretty handy and accurate. Overall bass is in excellent condition and i can hardly see any blemishes. It still has the original strings (which i'm not sure what they are), but i'll include a brand new set of acoustic strings.

Price is $300 shipped with OSSC, which is a deluxe molded polyfoam (which is lighter then a standard HSC) and still protects it rather well. Case also has a hygrometer build in it to monitor humidity.

FOLLOWING BASSES ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE (SOLD OR DEAL PENDING)

1998 Warwick Dolphin Pro I NT4 - WENGE NECK BOIRE BODY
    Price LOCALLY is $1500 with generic gig bag or $1600 shipped in a worn but sturdy Warwick Hardcase.
    DEAL PENDING!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is actually my third Dolphin (2nd being a wenge'd neck species), and it definitely did not disappoint (although a bit heavier then I remembered). At one point, I had this bass lined up for a trade but I could not follow through with it since i was yelling "don't leave me again!"...alas this GAS is something I cannot and will not pass. I bought this locally couple months ago. When i received it, it was in dire need of TLC. After cleaning the fret board,polishing the frets, and re-oiling the board - neck looked mint. Frets do show a bit of wear but nothing that effect playability or intonation. Body in general is in excellent condition, except for the noticeble wear near the bridge pickups due to the previous owner being a slap happy beast!!! :bassist: I cleaned up the body and re-waxed it and also cleaned up the hardware as best as i could, but the hardware does show a bit of age. The headstock veneer is a bit faded as well.

Its a 98 Warwick Dolphin so it sports a 3 piece boire body and a wenge neck with zebrano strips. Electronics are stock MEC with a single active jazz pickup in neck position and an active twin jazz pickup in bridge. It sports gold hardware as shown. It is also strung up with new GHS Boomers strings with low/med action.

As far as full disclosure, aside from the wear near the neck pickup there are minor dings and marks around the body, but nothing too bad. I believe I have most pictured. Also while i was cleaning the hardware, I had found that the screw that holds down the bottom 2nd piece (the base part) of the Warwick 3D bridge had broken off. It doesn't seem to affect affect anything since the tension of strings are holding it down with the anchor piece, but just wanted it to be known (don't even think the previous owner knew this).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Weight is whopping 10.4 lbs. Neck width at the nut is 1.75" and at the 12th fret is 2.19"

I also have black hardware available that I can add if preferred for an extra $80. Buyer will get both sets. Sorry I will not substitute. Here is a pic of the black hardware:

[​IMG]

Price locally is $1500 with generic gig bag or $1600 shipped in a worn but sturdy Warwick Hardcase. **DEAL PENDING**

1998 Fender MIM Jazz Standard body in Brown sunburst w/ Squire fretless neck
    Price $260 shipped with generic gig bag or $300 shipped in a new condition roadrunner polyfoam case or $340 shipped in molded Fender (gun style) hard case.
    BODY IS SOLD AND ON HOLD!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was put together by me using items purchased here in TB since i wanted to have a fretless in my office at work for "down times".

Body is in excellent condition. There are the typical "swirlies" under certain lighting, but with some wax and a bit of elbow grease, will make it look new!!! Headstock shows no wear and tuners function flawlessly. Trussrod functions fine and moves in both directions. Neck is setup for low action and fingerboard shows little to no wear. Cavity is also shielded using copper shielding tape.

I am now open in parting out this bass. Loaded body is $200 shipped and loaded neck is $100 shipped. I'm willing to negotiate lower price for unloaded body or neck (PM for offers).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Price shipped $260 with generic gig bag or $300 shipped in a new condition roadrunner polyfoam case or $340 shipped in molded Fender (gun style) hard case. BODY IS SOLD AND ON HOLD!!

1998 Fender MIM Fretless Jazz Bass with BAII **SOLD**
    SOLD AND GOING TO SINGAPORE!!!

Price $350 shipped with generic gig bag or $375 shipped in a new condition roadrunner polyfoam case or $425 shipped in molded Fender (gun style) hard case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For its age, overall the bass is in excellent condition. There are no significant dings or deeps scratches. Back of body has typical wear and scratches that's hardly noticeable and 'swirlies'. It can only be really seen under certain lighting. See pics below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fretboard is also i excellent condition showing little to no wear. Trussrod functions fine and moves in both directions. Neck is setup with minimal relief and for the lowest possible action. Cavity has been shielded using copper shielding tape and tone cap has been upgraded. It also sports a Bad Ass Bridge II. Also has a new set of Elixir Nanoweb bass strings on. Weight is 9.56 lbs. Neck width at the nut is 1.5" and at the 12th fret is 2.25"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[DEL]Price $350 shipped with generic gig bag or $375 shipped in a new condition roadrunner polyfoam case or $425 shipped in molded Fender (gun style) hard case.[/DEL]
    SOLD!!!!

Squier'70 Vintage Modified Jazz Bass - Natural **SOLD**

Not much to say about this but it's brand new mint. Unplayed!! I don't have have the original box but I do have the shipping label of the box and the setup hardware it came with.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[DEL]Price $200 shipped with generic gig bag or $235 shipped in a new condition roadrunner polyfoam case or $275 shipped in molded Fender (gun style) hard case.[/DEL] SOLD!!!

2012 Sadowsky Metro MV4 59' burst **SOLD**

SOLD AND HEADING NORTH[/B]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hesitantly putting this up, but it is up for grabs due to the circumstances. Everything is all original and untouched. Features all the goodies you'd expect from a Sadowsky bass: Sadowsky preamp w/VTC, HC Jazz Pickups, Sadowksy bridge, and that groovy Sadowsky tone. It was bought new and never gigged. Condition of this is as it was when first got it. Only flaws i saw that the headstock had a small surface scratch (which is pictured-which i'm still puzzled on how it got there) and also minor wear near the bottom of the body of the bass (pictured as well).

Weight is 8.8 lbs and neck width at the nut is 1.45".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It includes the orginal Sadowsky soft case and paper work. It is also strung with the original Sadowsky Stainless steel strings with very minimal play time on it.

[del]Price locally is $1600 or $1650 shipped.[/DEL] SOLD!!!
  2. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Supporting Member

Sweet. GLWTS.

If for whatever reason the black Warwick hardware gets separated from the deal, let me know. I can buy them from you, or from the buyer if they prefer gold.
  3. jcoutu1

jcoutu1 Supporting Member

Hell yeah bump.
  4. arg2241

arg2241 Supporting Member

Wasn't in the market, but thinking about the warwick... Hmmm.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. kulit17

I'm open to 2 to 1 trades, 3 to 1 trade, etc. As long as I'm dwindling the collection down. Please send offers via PM.

**added to OP**
  7. notrt

notrt

I had one years back, and stupidly sold it... regretted it ever since...

:bag: Is yours still available? Please advise - I am interested.

Richard Collins a/k/a 'notrt'
  8. eldoryder

eldoryder I just LOVE me some Vintage Peaveys! Supporting Member

Bump for a great TBer! Thanks for the deal on the Squier VM Jazz 70s! I'm really enjoying it!
  9. raphaeld

raphaeld

Will you ship outside the USA?
  10. kulit17

I'm open to it but buyer is responsible for shipping and applicable fees/taxes/duties. PM me for details.
  11. clcotro

clcotro

Do you have the Warwick Dolphine yet, i have the money !!!
  12. kulit17

PM'd
  13. kulit17

Thanks! i'm glad :bassist: enjoy it!!!

Payment for Sadowsky is received and is now sold !!!:crying:
    **I may regret this**
    Will be heading towards colder climate up north :p

Black MIM fretless w/BA II is now officially SOLD!!!!
  14. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

great price on the dolphin! I was watching an old dave Matthews concert DVD and Stefan Lessard got the best tone out of that dolphin. grunty and deep and nasty.
  15. kulit17

Thanks Jim, ya wasn't really hard set on moving it until my latest acquisition :D (its gonna be a great NDB on/near by bday!!!) definitely has that distinct Warwick growl!!

Again, open to offers, trades or BRO's!! Just shoot me a polite PM :cool:
  16. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Fish Friendly Bump! :)
  17. Carb_Rock_Doc

Carb_Rock_Doc

18. kulit17

Deal in works for the Dolphin with a couple in queue.

Alvarez AEB, red MIM P bass, and Fender MIM Jazz sunburst body with fretless Squier neck still available. Open to trades/reasonable offers via PM.
  19. Ed P

Ed P Supporting Member

pm'd on MIM jazz body
  20. kulit17

MIM Jazz body deposit received and now on hold. I have a deal in the works for the Dolphin with a couple of firm interested buyers on queue if it falls through...so i'm pretty sure its already spoken for.

Since most of my basses on this thread have been sold or on hold **thanks TB**. This thread is now closed. I will be opening a new thread with basses remaining and ones i'm thinking of letting go: Alvarez electric bass, MIM CAR P bass (if not already traded :smug:), MIM Sunburst P bass, new AVRI 58' P bass and beater Yamaha RBX170.

Thanks to all who showed interest!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.