1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: Squier/Fender Import PJ Body, Loaded, Dimarzios, $180/Shipped OBO

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by LovesJamerson, Dec 27, 2013.

1. LovesJamerson

LovesJamerson Supporting Member

Up for sale is a beautiful aged white/cream PJ body. I believe it to be a Squier, but it could be of other Fender import lineage (date in the neck pocket is Nov. 98). There are ZERO scratches, dings or dents, but with the right angle/lighting you can see some superficial swirls on the back. The color has aged very nicely, and these pictures are a perfect representation of the actual color. The weight is a bit over 5 lbs. as it sits, and my USA Fender neck fit nice and snug in the neck pocket. The body had the DiMarzios when I got it, but before installing a neck I swapped out the guts for all new CTS 250K pots, Switchcraft jack, ceramic disc cap & cloth push-back wire. The chrome pickup cover IS included, but you'll have to provide your own neck plate/screws & bridge (any standard Fender/Gotoh bridge will work; I had a BadAss II mounted). Also, the body will come with standard strap pins and not the Dunlop pins shown in the pictures. I'm asking $170.00/shipped OBO.

Items I'd be interested in trading for (even, +/- money, whatever):

-Boss TU-2
    -Tech 21 Bass DI or VT DI
    -Pedaltrain or other pedal board (hard case a plus)
    -MXR DC Brick or other pedal power supply
    -Fender or Fender-spec bass necks (i.e. Warmoth, AllParts, B Hefner, Musikraft, etc.)
    -Fender or Fender spec bass bodies
    -Celluloid tortoise P-Bass pickguard ("pepperoni")

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. LovesJamerson

3. LovesJamerson

4. sonicblue62

sonicblue62 Supporting Member

Hi,
    Can you comment on the sound of the DiMArzios? maybe that is a vague question; I'm trying to set up a Tony Franklin-like fretless and wonder if these pickups might approximate that. Thanks!
  5. LovesJamerson

The pickups sound good, and I think they would work well in a fretless. I tend to be a "bottom-heavy" kind of a guy, and with roundwounds & a maple neck these pickups were a bit too mid-rangy for my exact taste. The bass would still slam through my SVT CL/8x10 cab though. Here are links to DiMarzio's website describing the pickups in this body:

http://www.dimarzio.com/pickups/bass/standard-bass/dimarzio-model-p
    http://www.dimarzio.com/pickups/bass/standard-bass/dimarzio-model-j

I hope this was some help!!
  6. bassphreak

bassphreak Supporting Member

would you part out the pups? I don't need the body :)
  7. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage. Supporting Member

If he takes the PUPs/electronics, I'd take the body! I already have a set of Dimarzio PJs. PM me if that goes down!
  8. bassphreak

bassphreak Supporting Member

Works for me ;-)
  9. LovesJamerson

PMs sent....