1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS: Squier PJ Body + Fender Fretless Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Herbie Chesnutt, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herbie Chesnutt

Herbie Chesnutt Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

So, I just put this together this month from a couple cool cats here on TB, but as luck would have it I suddenly need a few hundy for a home repair. The stove went tits-up and we're tapped out completely from christmas. I'm emotionally attached to this guy the least so he's the first to go. Tough time of the year to sell stuff, I know, but let's see what we can do. :help:

I've got this up locally on CL too so if you are in the front range I can meet you somewhere.

Anyway.

Squier PJ body in Shoreline Gold. Very clean body. Pups sound great. Seriously, these things are all you need. I was going to put a set of DiMarzio Model PJ in there, but didn't. One tiiiiiny little BB size dent by the bridge. Here is the original thread.
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f129/shoreline-gold-p-j-body-jazz-width-neck-vintage-gibson-knobs-labella-tapes-1028759/

Fender MiM fretless neck. Nice neck, no nicks or anything. One note, the board on the peg side of the nut is grooved to accommodate the low cut nut. Came to me that way. Strung up it looks stock. Doesn't bother me a'toll, but just want to point out anything that is out of the usual. I put on stock MiM tuners I had. Here is the original thread. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f129/fs-fender-mim-fretless-jazz-neck-1035804/

Together they cop that nice p fretless sound like David J or solo the bridge for a little Jaco lovin. I'll send it with a broke-in set of Chromes.

Housekeeping: Another great TBr here is sending me a Squier neck plate to go on here to replace the black one I used. Also, I'll put the stock strap buttons back on and keep the strap locks.

I'll ship it inside a Fender gig bag shipped in a guitar box recycled from Rondo so it'll get there with no worries.

Let's do $225 shipped conus paypal. No trades. I need cash to cook.

Let me add that I will be happy to split this up. Let's do $125 for the loaded neck and $125 for the loaded body.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Herbie Chesnutt

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

As pictured, the bass weighs 9 pounds on the nose according to my digital bathroom scale.
  3. Herbie Chesnutt

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.