FS: Squier Vintage Modified Precision Bass, upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by harvey milk, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harvey milk

harvey milk

I will now entertain parting this out - if so, the neck is spoken for. Once somebody offers to buy the body, etc. then it will be official.

Possible trades - solid state or tube amp heads, the weirder and funkier the better, maybe one of those Ampeg micro VR SVT heads.

*NEW PRICE $225 for the whole bass, shipped in hard case*

$150 for the loaded body, case included.
    $ ? for any other parts, make an offer.

I bought this almost 2 years ago from user Lublin - original post here:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-squier-vintage-modified-precision-bass-w-upgrades-863571/

'The bass has a few bumps and dings but looks excellent. The back of the neck has some light dings from leaning it against amps and counters, too.'

One of the knobs got pushed inwards during shipping and cracked the pickguard, so the cracked pickguard was replaced with a brand new Fender one, same black color. Otherwise the bass is in the same condition as it was when I received it. I haven't really played it much at all since then, never gigged with it either. Schaller straplocks. No chrome pickup cover promised, because I just moved recently and there's no way I'm going to find it anytime soon.

As in the original post, the pickup sounds wonderful - this is a kick ass budget bass and it plays great. There was no case included when I bought it, but I am including a very good brown 'chainsaw' case which it fits in perfectly.

Looking for $225, shpped (to CONUS).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. unclebass

unclebass

What is the neck profile like? Thin or chunky?
  3. harvey milk

harvey milk

It doesn't feel chunky to me, though I am pretty biased towards P-basses. I've played other basses that had chunkier feeling necks. I hope that helps.

*EDIT* Just picked it up again, and it's definitely not chunky, not a baseball bat neck.
  4. unclebass

unclebass

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. harvey milk

harvey milk

Now entertaining offers to part it out (if so the neck is spoken for).
  7. J_Rock

J_Rock Supporting Member

PM sent
  8. harvey milk

harvey milk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.