1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: Squier VM Jazz bass, Nordy pickups and pre, massive upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rojo412, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    If you want to see how it came about, here's the build thread.

Up for sale is a pet project that I had a lot of fun putting together, a SQUIER VINTAGE MODIFIED JAZZ... hugely upgraded!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This run-of-the-mill Squier got a huge boost in the upgrades I added:
    Nordstrand Big Split pickups (under custom covers, from Nordstrand)
    Nordstrand 2 band preamp, 9v, Vol-Pan-Passive tone-Bass/Treb with bypass, Sadowsky-styled knobs
    Hipshot A Style brass bridge
    Threaded neck inserts, stainless and 10-24 machine screws.
    Dunlop Straplocks (I could also do Schallers, if you want, all pieces included either way)
    Fully shielded in shielding paint.

The headstock was glossed over with lacquer, the frets polished, setup and intonated. Brand new set of D'Addario Prosteels 45-105.

The result is a true Jazz on steroids, very boutique sounding. The pickups are very powerful, thick, and sound fantastic. The preamp adds a nice bit of tone control. The bridge increased the sustain and gave it a nice upgrade from the stock plate.

I built this bass as a project to learn how to do it and I'm selling it to find another project. I learned a lot in the process and as such, there's a few spots that aren't perfect. The pickguard has a notch missing near the pickup, thanks to a hungry dremel and the output jack has an ugly spot near it as well. Neither effects the way it sound or functions, but they are worth mentioning. The body has a few dings that were there before my mods, but in essence, it's a player's bass that doesn't look half bad. It was never meant to hang in a museum, it's a Squier!
    But if you're looking for a bass that sounds and plays fantastic and won't break the bank, here's a good chance to get one!

To build this bass from new, same parts and all, you'd have to spend over $900! That's before labor prices, too.
    I didn't buy it from new and I'm not delusional, so I'm pricing it accordingly...

$400 + shipping
    There's no case or bag, but it'll be packed quite well.
    Paypal or MO, trying to avoid international, but I'll consider it.

Sorry, no original parts are left over.
    Weight is probably 10 lbs. I'll have a more accurate weight soon.
  2. madbassplaya

madbassplaya Supporting Member

Bass bro; I am seriously impressed.
  3. rojo412

Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    Thanks, man! I knew you of all people would dig it :D
  4. rojo412

Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom