1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FS: SX LPB Jazz bass; early headstock w/mods

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by moonshinegtrs, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moonshinegtrs

moonshinegtrs Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: Moonshine Custom Guitars
    Up for sale is my LPB SX Jazz bass.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It has the early headstock & the previous owner painted the headstock to match the body (a pretty decent job too). I purchased it here a couple of years ago with the intention of installing a P pickup. Instead, I ended up installing a Dimarzio split coil J pickup in the neck position. I gigged with the bass for awhile, but eventually it was placed into my collection where it has set every since. I pretty much play my own basses (along with the occasional Fender Precision) these days.

The bass has Wilkinson vintage style tuners on it along with a Gotoh Bridge, D'addario strings & the Dimarzio pickup (not sure if the bridge pickup has been changed; I only replaced the neck pickup (all of the other mods were done before I purchased the bass).

The electronics have also been replaced with CTS pots, Switchcraft output jack, better wire & an orange drop cap.The control cavity has also been shielded in copper tape.

Everything works. It's a really cool bass... Very resonant, even unplugged. After playing it, I want to keep it, but I have too many basses (not bragging, it's bordering on being a psychological problem... they need a 12 step program for G.A.S.). I'm trying to thin the herd down to instruments I actually play & those that have investment potential.

I would like to get $250 shipped. I'm sure I have some kind of inexpensive gig bag that I can throw in & I also have a plastic Fender USA case that is in fair (somewhat beat up) condition if you prefer.

I do have someone that has expressed interest in the bass... I have not heard back from them, but if they do contact me, I will close this thread.

Moonshine :bassist:
  2. moonshinegtrs

moonshinegtrs Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: Moonshine Custom Guitars
    SOLD! and closed.

Moonshine :bassist:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.