1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS: Tacoma JK50 CE Koa Jumbo Acoustic Guitar

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by ebradfordrich, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ebradfordrich

ebradfordrich Gold Supporting Member

SOLD!

Hi guys. My fall clean-out sale continues. Up for grabs today is a real stunner. This is a pre-Fender, made-in-the-USA, Tacoma jumbo JK50 acoustic guitar from 1998. Gorgeous koa back/sides, sitka spruce top, abalone neck and soundhole inlays, mahogany neck, 14 / 20-fret bound rosewood fingerboard, bound flamed koa peghead with maple logo inlay, Gotoh tuners, and a rosewood bridge. Currently strung up with new Elixer custom lights. She is beautiful and sounds sweet and bass-y with nice low action.

The model is technically a "CE" for cutaway/electric but it came to me without a pre-amp or pickup installed. The previous owner had a tech fashion a sweet little piece of rosewood into a sound port using the existing hole from the electronics. This is the only mod to the instrument and is actually what sold me on it initially. I like having the sound pointed up at my head rather than just shooting out the front sound hole. It was installed over the previous spot for the electronics, so it would be easy to convert it back to an acoustic/electric. No other holes were cut in the body.

If you know about Tacomas, you know that they're also famous for finish issues, and this one is no exception (though it's nowhere near as bad as some that I have come across.) Tacoma-itis is a lifting of the lacquer because the shop did not properly humidify prior to the lacquering process. It's entirely cosmetic, and appears just to impact a few spots on the top and the area around two of the tuning pegs. There are a few dents/dings here and there on the upper bout, the most significant of which I tried to photograph. She has obviously been played but not abused, neglected, or beat to hell.

Includes a heavy duty Guild hard shell case with keys. Case has some seen some wear/tear but still does its job just fine.

I can't justify keeping instruments that just live in their cases all the time, unplayed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ebradfordrich

3. ebradfordrich

Put-it-under-the-Christmas-tree-for-$475-bump!

4. ebradfordrich

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ebradfordrich

Cyber Monday, need-more-coin-for-the-holidays price drop bump!

7. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    sweet six stringer any fret buzz?

8. ebradfordrich

Thanks. No, no buzz as far as I can tell (just played it before to double-check).

9. ebradfordrich

10. ebradfordrich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.