FS: Tecamp Puma 900 Amp and L212 Cab

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by rythmicillusion, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rythmicillusion

rythmicillusion Supporting Member

BOTH ITEMS ARE SOLD.

These two beauties were used primarily in a blues/rock group with my standard tuned 4 string. The Puma and 212 were really a perfect combination for that context as this band typically played to audiences of a few hundred people without a PA robust enough for bass. I’ve recently left that band, am totally rethinking my musical endeavors, and could use some capital for an upcoming relocation.

[​IMG]

Puma 900 Almost new condition. You probably know what this is. Here’s a refresher if you need it: http://tecamp-america.com/en/products/amlification/3-puma-900.html#overview.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I originally bought a new Puma 900 from Glenn at Austin Bass Traders in the fall of 2012. It worked fantastically well, but in January I noticed some noise when using the rear auxiliary input with my iPod (had never really used it before). Shipped it off to be completely looked over and repaired by warranty. There were some significant delays; apparently it was sent in during a changeover to a new TecAmp US service center or something to that effect. Being the absolute professional that he is, Glenn decided that rather than make me wait even longer, he’d make amends by overnighting a new Puma 900! It’s hard not to highly recommend Austin Bass Traders, as Glenn REALLY goes above and beyond.

I decided to unbox it to take pictures, plug it in for a little while to make sure it turned on and worked. A little while turned into about an hour… That’s all the mileage she has, and (painfully) went right back in the box after. Included will be the original box and packaging, paperwork, slip mat, power cable and auxiliary cable.

L212: Very good condition. Purchased last summer from Canadian TBer mattcharest. The thread I purchased it from can be found here: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f127/tecamp-l410-l212-mint-condition-covers-990887/. Weighs in at a little less than 50 lbs. Can’t speak to how other amps will pair with it, but the L212 and Puma is kind of liking plugging into a beefy studio monitor; whatever you put in comes out, and notes have a solid “weight” to them. I rarely used the tweeter control as I’m not a slap/hi-fi guy, but it’s a really cool concept and for certain players would be quite handy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While the cab overall is in great shape, there are certainly a few cosmetic issues that should be brought up. The left front bottom edge of the cabinet has sustained a few noticeable nicks and scuffs to the tolex. There is a bit of scuffing to the back, with some tolex wear near the bottom edge. The bottom is a bit beat up but is structurally sound. You’ll find other little bits of wear around the cab, though the back panel and grill are pretty clean. Included will be a very nice fitted Tec-Amp fitted padded cover. This cover is also in very good condition; it has some wear and a few light discoloration/stains, but is otherwise clean and sound.

ASKING PRICE:
    Puma 900: [DEL]$1200 + shipping[/DEL] SOLD!
    L212: [DEL]$800 + shipping[/DEL] SOLD!

Thanks for looking!
  2. OldSchool50

OldSchool50 OldSchool50 Supporting Member

Bump for some powerful high-end gear and great TBer
  3. lax4bags

lax4bags Gold Supporting Member

Trade for Aguilar DB112 and or DB112NT with (non Aguilar brand) covers and or Protec Contego gig bag and or Mesa 400+ in anvil rack case. PM me your email for pictures. Thanks
  4. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Supporting Member

Bump from next to Boston!!!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. rythmicillusion

Merci, Marcel!!
  7. rythmicillusion

The gig bag is the only thing here I'd consider as part of a deal. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss things further.
  8. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Staff Writer - Bass Musician Magazine
    Bump for a killer rig. I use the 900 and m212 and it definitely all that. Amazing gear, GLWTS!
  9. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Supporting Member

Wish I could here some sound clips!..:bassist:
  10. rythmicillusion

11. rythmicillusion

The puma is ON HOLD pending payment.

L 212 is still available.
  12. rythmicillusion

The Puma is SOLD!