1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FS: TECH 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI=CHEAP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by swmmojo, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swmmojo

swmmojo Supporting Member

[DEL]$85[/DEL] $75 OBO/Shipped CONUS/Paypal

I traded for this with a TB member. Works great with phantom power but it does not work with a battery. I have no idea if it works with a wall wart. (Please read the PM discussion in thread for more detail.) I called SansAmp and they told me it would be $35ish to repair it. So, since I'm not going to use it I'm looking to sell at a risk reduced rate or trade it.

TRADES: Radial Tonebone PZ PRE and $$$ on my end. If you have one, let's talk!

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. coronado3

coronado3 Supporting Member

3. coronado3

coronado3 Supporting Member

Dibbs if its a paradriver.... The photo is not a PARAdriver, but a bass driver.
  4. swmmojo

Sorry man. That is a picture of it and it is a bass driver. My bad. Title fixed.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. swmmojo

Bump for Phantom Power love!
  7. swmmojo

Price drop!
  8. swmmojo

I'm selling at a reduced price because the unit is not fully functioning properly. I don't have an AC adaptor to test it.

In full disclosure, here's a dialog between myself and a Canadian buyer via PM I want to share. It's a conversation I've had twice so hopefully this will clarify any info. (I hope the PM dude doesn't mind I shared - his questions are valid.) Thanks.

PM from buyer:

Ishh. I'd buy it right away, you know that. But just how sure are you that the rest IS in fact working? I'm sure you can find an AC laying around not too far from you that would be glad to have a new owner.

In sum, it's not that I don't trust you, it's more that none of us has proof that the SansAmp is in nice and working function. If you do, then I'd be very pleased to proceed with our transaction.

PM response to buyer:

Thanks for the interest. I'm not looking to rip anyone and I've done a ton of buying, selling, and swapping on TB with a great rep.

You're providing the reasons why I'm selling it reduced. I'm not an FX guy so I don't have 9 volts around the house or else I'd already tested it to confirm. (My Markbass head has phantom power so I could test that. The dude I traded with didn't disclose the problem to me.) The truth is I do not know and it's priced at a risk $.

I've never really even wanted to use it but I took it on a trade assuming I could get at least $100 from it if I turned it over. The box is $200 new so my price is for someone to take a chance using it as-is or sending it to Tech 21 and getting it fixed making it 100% functional for <70% of the cost new. If I thought I'd use it I'd keep it.

But, since I cannot provide you more detail, and because I'd have to ship to Canada, you should probably pass. No biggie. Thanks for the interest and happy holidays. Peace.
  9. swmmojo

Price drop bump. Here's why you should buy it...

1. If you are looking for a pre for recording, it's a no brainer. It rocks with phantom power.
    2. If you buy it and ship it to Tech 21 for full repair, you'll end up with a pedal in "new" working order for 60% of what it would cost new.
  10. swmmojo

Last chance before I send it back to Tech 21 and sell it for $140! You won't regret it!
  11. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

12. swmmojo

Heading to Brooklyn, NY! Happy New Year!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.