1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FS: The Bass Company 2x10 custom cab

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Art Araya, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Art Araya

Art Araya Supporting Member

This rare custom beauty is from The Bass Company. It's from 1993 but the speakers were replaced with new Eminence speakers 2 years ago. Since that time the cab has less than 100 hours of light playing time.

The cab is in great shape. It's got a little nick on the lower left edge that the previous owner covered with a small piece of dark tape but I doubt you'd even notice if I didn't tell you.

Modest weight, solid handles, and built in casters make her easy to move. Pushes plenty of air!

I've got other cabs however and she's just sitting around my bedroom so I'm converting her for cash.

Asking $350 shipping included (CONUS). Or $300 for local pickup.

[​IMG]
  2. munkeyfish

munkeyfish

Ohms and wattage?
  3. Art Araya

4 ohms.

Unsure of the wattage. The previous owner who replaced the speakers tells me he's not sure either but thinks it's 700. My guess would be closer to 450 if I compare it to my other cabs. She's loud enough for my needs though I've never pushed her hard.
  4. Art Araya

You're local Munkeyfish. Stop by and check it out in person.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Art Araya

Price drop
  7. Art Araya

added image
  8. Art Araya

Here's another pic of the beautiful wood on this cab...

[​IMG]
  9. lmfreeman9

lmfreeman9 Supporting Member

Not familiar. How does it sound? What's the weight?
  10. Art Araya

Yeah I'm not surprised that you're not familiar. I don't think TBC made cabs for too long.

My estimate on the weight is about 50 lbs.

The sound... well let me compare her to an Eden 2x10, which is the only other 2x10 I have owned. The Eden is brighter and more mid-rangey. This cab has a bassier, darker tone than the Eden. The large ports at the top of the cab blow lots of sound out!

The cab is not transparent - it's got it's own sound going on. The sound is not modern/hi-fi. I would think that it would be best used in a rock/blues setting. But now that I've discovered that by standing her on her side with the 10s stacked changes the tone and gives me a growly tone with more midrange...

Hope that helps!
  11. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

These were HANDMADE IN USA by TBC in it's infancy. AWESOME deal for this 'lil beast of a cab. If my memory serves me correctly, the replacement speakers are Eminence Delta-10A from the American Series. 350 watts and 700 watts program. Pair this with a 15" cab, taking into consideration your amp will go down to 2 ohms, and you have one hell of a LOUD, Full range tone rig..
    You can see the wattage HERE
    Well worth the asking price, IMO.

Attached Files:

12. Art Araya

Thanks for chiming in Hawk with some specs on the replacement speakers! That's some solid info there.

Hawk is the previous owner of this cab. We both live in the same town and we made an even swap of this cab for a Genz Benz Uber 2x12.

13. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

You're welcome Art. TBC made no joke about their Handmade Cabs. GLWTS. (IMO, you're selling too low, but I understand... the economy and all). She's a good-looking cab too...BONUS!!
  14. Art Araya

15. lmfreeman9

lmfreeman9 Supporting Member

PM and payment sent!
  16. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

BTW, I have the original Speakers from this beast. Magnets are huge, paper is dried. They were absolutely the best I've heard and never broke-up. If interested, send a PM. Thx.
  17. Art Araya

SOLD to lmfreeman9

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.