SOLD FS: The VALENTI Original "Red Geddy" Jazz Bass, Sadowsky Pups, Etc - MAJOR PRICE DROP

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by niFe, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niFe

niFe Supporting Member

3/23 UPDATE: I've received a ton of PM's about the bass, but still haven't struck quite the deal I'm looking for. However, I just had an idea that might allow me to let this one go a little easier and a little cheaper cash-wise. I'll now entertain trade plus cash offers that consist of a 4 string plus the majority of my asking price (firm on the 4 string basses only in this case; no amps/effects/accessories/etc).. This way, if you've got something really decent or cool in, lets say the $250-$500 range that maybe you don't use much anymore or you've gotten more used to higher end basses, we might be able to go ahead and knock that much off of my price. Just a thought, let me know what you guys might be willing to part with. Thanks again to all interested parties thus far and looking forward to your offers!

3/20 UPDATE: Just decided to go ahead and let loose with a major price drop to pretty much my bottom line, but will still consider best offers, so keep the PM's coming :)

After a quite a long hiatus from both TalkBass and even playing in general (severe shoulder injury and multiple subsequent surgeries) I'm back and I hope some of you all remember me!

Check my feedback and post history, but its been some time and I'm glad to be back. Now, enough with the small talk, on to what I know you're ALL interested in, a legendary TalkBass instrument probably thought to be long gone, tucked away in my collection never to be available for purchase, but here we are, and it is indeed for sale and as sad as I am to let go of such a rare and beautiful tone monster built with such incredible components and attention to detail, I can't stand it sitting in the case for even one more year. Boys and girls, this one deserves to be played and enjoyed :) Feast your eyes, friends and sorry about the weird thumbnail layout:

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Below are links to the past threads regarding the sales and they should contain most if not all of the pertinent technical aspects, but if not, post here or PM me and I'll clear up any questions or concerns:

- Here's the first FS thread I could find dated 9-1-2005, where it was sold by user DaveDeVille: Link to thread.
    - Here's the FS thread where I purchased the bass dated 4-26-2007, where it was being sold by user TrooperFarva: Link to thread.
    - And finally, here's a FT Feeler I posted 4-11-2008 but obviously never completed a transaction: Link to thread.

We all know how fast this is gonna go, so first come, first serve obviously. The ONLY flaw I could find is a minor finish ding near the input jack with is pictured and isn't deep enough to expose body wood, and some slight finish rubbed off on the bridge. [DEL]This is cash only, NO trade offers or even trade plus cash offers. Pricing this guy is tough, but I'm going to list it now for $1550 including shipping and insurance[/DEL]. Price is now $1100 local pickup (St, Louis, MO area) or $1200 shipped and fully insured anywhere in the continental US, OBO. Highly prefer cash, money orders, checks, etc., but PayPal works as well.. I've shipped plenty of basses, pack extremely well, and it comes in a Fender brand hardshell jazz bass case that the Valenti fits like a glove in. PM me with ANY questions, concerns, offers, etc., and I'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks for looking and don't wait too long and miss out! :(

-Jason E

Attached Files:

2. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Supporting Member

I wouldn't mind it for the original price…:)

3. niFe

niFe Supporting Member

And here I was thinkin' I was being nice linking the old threads so you all could see this beauty's pedigree, so to speak :p

To any and all interested parties though, feel more than welcome to PM me a cash offer, worst I can do is say no!

4. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

wow , i was just thinking about this one a few nights ago . :D

awesome tone , great playability , smooth feeling beauty ...
    good luck with the sale !!

:bassist:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. niFe

niFe Supporting Member

Buy her back, Dave! Lol.. Everything you say is true though, simply stellar tone, such a wide sonic range with the push pull active/passive knob and top of the line EQ/components. One of the nicest necks I've ever played on (straight talk, I was never very good at being a fast-talking salesman, haha) and the action is set at what I consider the perfect height; very low but not a single buzz anywhere one the board.

Also wanted to remind everyone this one has still has all the original Sadowsky parts, pickups, tuners, etc; haven't changed a thing since I bought her. As stated price is negotiable to a reasonable degree, but there's no way I'll be able to sell for less than I originally purchased for and I'm not sure I can even go quite that low but again, no harm in sending an offer. I'm gonna see if I can get Nino to chime in and let you guys know just how special this bass is (if I'm not mistaken I think it is only the second one he build once he started, but don't hold me to that). Keep the questions, comments, and PMs coming. Might have a deal in the works but no promises made so you've still got time friends ;)

7. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Sandusky pickups and pre? He building parts in prison?

8. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Can you still get the Sandusky pick-ups?

9. niFe

niFe Supporting Member

LOL, what a typo, eh? But in all reality, yes, Sadowsky pickups/preamp/VTC, according to TrooperFarva's for sale post from whence I purhcased it, and I haven't changed a thing during the entire duration of my ownership:

Like I said, I've been away for a loooong time, so I'm still getting back in the swing of things :smug:

10. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti

Disclosures:
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    This is a bass I built for personal use when I was working at Sadowsky using Warmoth Parts. Great bass.

It has all Sadowsky electronics and hardware, i.e. Bridge, Tuning Gears and D-Tuner (HipShot HB-1 w/BT-1) Hum Cancelling JJ4 pickups and preamp.

It looks like a couple of things were changed. It had a 3 Ply BWB pickguard and it didn't have the VTC.

11. niFe

niFe Supporting Member

I'm gonna go ahead and price drop this to right around my bottom line.. I really need to move this to get my bills caught up and I truly want this great bass to go to a good home asap!

I'd love to do a local deal if at all possible (anywhere in or around the St. Louis, MO area) and without having to deal with shipping I'd reluctantly let her go for $1100.. Otherwise, $1200 shipped and fully insured anywhere in the continental US, OBO. Cash, money order, check, PayPal, whatever works, just let me know! :bassist:

12. niFe

niFe Supporting Member

Bump.. All PM's replied, feel free to send your best offer :)

13. niFe

niFe Supporting Member

Weekend bump!

14. Mike Sorr

Mike Sorr Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Gorgeous bass. If only I had the cash available!

15. niFe

niFe Supporting Member

Still working/looking at a few possible deals in the works, but still currently available. However, now accepting certain trade offers! See top of original post for details..

16. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi

Bump for the Valenti. I am sure it sounds pissah!

17. niFe

niFe Supporting Member

Indeed it does; this bass really is a gem and I wouldn't have held onto and cherished it this long if that wasn't the absolute truth. I'm trying my best to give my fellow TB brothers a few different avenues to acquire this bad boy. I'm thinking of leaving it up for a few more days but if I can't work something reasonable out I'll probably take it down after a little while longer and hang onto it until my shoulder is fully healed.

18. niFe

niFe Supporting Member

One possible local deal in the works, and a few still dangling that might come through but.. time is not up. Just wanted to give you all a heads up and maybe one last post bringing this thread TTT :smug: All PM's replied, and thanks for all the kind words and offers thus far.. This one will be in its new home soom! :D

19. niFe

niFe Supporting Member

SOLD! As fate would have it, this one is going back to its original home with Nino Valenti :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.