1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FS: ToadWorks Barracuda Analog Flanger w/ Kurzweil Expression Pedal

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by mysteryclock, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mysteryclock

mysteryclock Supporting Member

This is a really, really outstanding all-analog stereo flanger pedal that I've found to work very well with bass. It gives you the classic "jet flanger" sound sought by so many guitarists while keeping the depths of your signal intact. Uniquely, it also supports an expression pedal so you can also control the rate of the effect.

I am including an expression pedal as part of the price - a Kurzweil CC-1

I'm packing both the Barracuda and CC-1 in their original boxes.

$255 shipped CONUS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Video demo

Original product description:

ToadWorks Barracuda is the ONLY production effect pedal that is designed to reproduce the unique flanger sounds featured on the 1977 Heart classic "Barracuda".

The circuit is a modern interpretation of the original custom unit, with a few exciting changes:
    - Designed around modern components
    - Stereo Output
    - Manual sweep control via an Expression Pedal
    - Addition of Level and Depth controls
    - Uses 9V DC power
    - Improved noise floor
    - Superior construction
    - As with all ToadWorks effect pedals, Barracuda is wired for true-bypass.

Barracuda is hand wired, by people, not machines. From our high quality 3PDT switches to the custom made enclosures and knobs, each component is the finest available, making ToadWorks pedals the most well-built and reliable effect pedals in the world.

ToadWorks Barracuda is a modern take on the analog BBD flanger. Using currently available components, ToadWorks has created a sonically superior reproduction of the original unit, with none of the hassle associated with obsolete parts.

One of the most significant improvements is the stereo output. When used in mono mode, the top output jack provides the famous flanger sound you know and love. Inserting a plug into the bottom output jack splits the signal for stereo reproduction, creating a aural phenomenon that cannot be duplicated with a mono sound source.

Barracuda is designed for use with an Expression Pedal - Connecting the Expression Pedal to the Exp. Pedal jack will disable the LFO, and the expression pedal becomes a manual sweep controller.

The switch turns the effect on and off, the Level knob controls the signal strength, the Depth knob controls the amount of effect present in the signal, the Regen knob controls the amount of signal regeneration, and the Rate knob increses/decreases the speed.

Barracuda features a true-bypass circuit, keeping your tone crystal clear when bypassed. Each pedal is carefully manufactured by hand, using only the finest components.
  2. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses/Genz Benz - RIP/Mojo Hand FX
    Would love to give this a spin...GLWTS
  3. mysteryclock

If you find yourself in the middle-TN area let me know and we can arrange that!
  4. BassIsBad

BassIsBad

Interested in trades?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mysteryclock

I can't do trades this time - need the $s to fund a bass purchase. But if you'd like to make a deal, PM me and we can haggle a bit.
  7. mysteryclock

8. mysteryclock

And....sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.