1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS: Trace Elliot all-tube V4 pre-Gibson Sacramento CA

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by SactoBass, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SactoBass

SactoBass There are some who call me.......Sactobass

Local sale only! No shipping. I am located in the Sacramento area of California. UPDATE: SOLD to a local TB'er.

I do this. I buy stuff, keep it for a while (in my non-smoking home) without using it, and then turn around and sell it, usually at a loss. It’s a disease I guess. My wife just smiles and shakes her head, but I suppose there are worse habits for a 57 year old guy to have, eh? Well, here we have a pre-Gibson Trace Elliot 220-watt all-tube V4 in top shelf condition. It has an all-tube V-Type preamp and four KT-88 power tubes. This amp is the real deal, made in Great Britain before Gibson bought out Trace Elliot (that's why it does not have the "V4" badge on the front grill). I have read where bench tests show that the V4 actually puts out about 265 watts RMS. I A/B'ed it with my 300-watt all-tube Ampeg SVT amp, and the Trace was just as thunderous! Big powerful lows, tasty mids, and sweet highs, compliments of that beautiful V-type tube preamp, those KT-88's, and those lovely Partridge transformers. The amp has an ohm selector switch in the back where you can choose 8 ohms or 4 ohms.

The amp will come with the power cord and the V4 User Manual. It also comes with a very cool "clamshell" padded cover that protects the amp when you are moving it from gig to gig. This cover was made specifically for the V4. The amp weighs 53 pounds and it's 24" wide.

And the best news of all is, this amp was completely gone through and serviced this past year by the best Trace Elliot service center in the United States, which is, British Audio Service in Nashville Tennessee. The amp has a 100% clean bill of health and is good to go for many years to come without having to do anything to it.

My asking price is $950 local sale only.

(If you happen to live in the SF Bay area, I would be happy to meet you half way in Vacaville to deliver the amp to you as there is a restaurant there that my wife and I enjoy.)

No trades. All items sold "as is". No warranty expressed or implied.

I’m the trustworthy type, with 100% positive feedback on TB, and over 100 feedbacks on the ‘bay, all 100% positive.

Click on the pics to enlarge.

2. SactoBass

More pics. The second pic shows the clamshell padded cover. It just zips up super quick and easy. Post #3 shows the cover zipped up completely.

3. SactoBass

Two more pics...

4. SactoBass

Still more pics:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SactoBass

Last two pics...

7. SactoBass

Wow! That didn't take long!

SALE PENDING to a local TB'er.

8. justinc

justinc

I'm not surprised it sold quick. I own more than a few amazing all tube heads and its my trace that gets the gig!

9. DJJazzV

DJJazzV Right boot.... Got it. Supporting Member

Great sounding bass head.

10. SactoBass

Thanks Justinc and DJJazzV. I appreciate those very nice comments.

The buyer plans to swing by tomorrow (Tues) eve to pick up the amp and pay me. Once that happens, I will post it as SOLD and I will close the thread.

11. SactoBass

The V4 is SOLD!

Closing thread now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.