SOLD FS- Two Peavey Cirrus 5 strings. Offers welcomed, please no trades.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 5stringthumpin, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5stringthumpin

5stringthumpin Supporting Member

I open this thread with some advice. Guys, if she says yes to the ring, try to get her to say yes to eloping...jk

*sigh*...up for sale are my Peavey Cirrus 5 string basses, recent acquirements I was thrilled to obtain and not thrilled to have to sell again.

First is a maple Cirrus 5, made in 2002. Beautiful bone stock instrument. Very low action. Headstock is a little scratched at the end, small divot in the lower horn and some discoloration where the polyurethane finish ends on the back of the neck heel for the satin finish neck. Action is low...plays very easy. Asking 950 shipped CONUS

The other is a Peavey Cirrus 5, made around the same time (not sure of year, but the headstock has the older style block lettering for the logo). It has a gorgeous book matched Claro Walnut top with matching headstock. This bass has made some rounds here, before me the previous owner replaced the gold hardware with black machine heads, knurled black nobs, and a black hip shot style bridge, all of which work flawlessly. I just got this back from my luthier who did a pro set up, plays like a dream. Low to medium action. I ask 1000 shipped CONUS.

Please feel free to PM with offers. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1392904495.693214.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1392904522.752877.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1392904539.976639.jpg Both have recently been set up and strung with DR Nickel Low Riders. Pots on both are relatively quiet, probably could use a spray but everything works perfectly. Hard-shell cases for both, the maple's case has a missing foot but both function well. Please make offers, but not looking for trades... Thanks guys.

2. 5stringthumpin

And the Claro walnut... ImageUploadedByTalkBass1392904577.591349.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1392904597.597086.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1392904615.005062.jpg

There is some discoloration under the machine heads on the veneer side. It's in the lacquer, no the veneer.

3. 5stringthumpin

So maybe sweeten the deal?
    In buying these, my intention was to replace one of the stock cirrus preamps with a millennium preamp from Peavey. So, the first person to buy one of the Cirrus basses, I'll throw in the preamp and knobs for the conversion. This doesn't necessarily mean paying the asking price, and I'm not asking for over my prices. Here's a pic... ImageUploadedByTalkBass1393012119.349025.jpg . The preamp at this time is NOT for sale by itself.

4. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Excellent basses here people!!!!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. 5stringthumpin

7. 5stringthumpin

8. robthebassplaye

robthebassplaye The World Needs More Bass Players - Start Early !! Supporting Member

Hi!

I'm Interested in the USA Maple Cirrus 5. I'll send a message...

Rob

9. IGotGas

IGotGas Cajun Rocker

I'm interested in the Walnut. Message you tomorrow.

10. 5stringthumpin

Pm received for maple...

11. 5stringthumpin

And now for the walnut...

12. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

That walnut body is off the hook!

13. 5stringthumpin

Some additional pics of the maple, showing headstock scratches and divot I lower horn by request... ImageUploadedByTalkBass1393283977.878924.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1393283988.344789.jpg

14. Chapbass

Chapbass

Bump for Cirrus awesomeness. If these were fretless I'd be all over it.

15. 5stringthumpin

And the Claro is GONE pending shipping. This also means the mill preamp is no longer available. The stock maple cirrus is still available, some talks but no solid deals yet!

16. 5stringthumpin

And the maple follows suit! Thanks for the interest guys both going to good homes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.