1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS: USA Model Ampeg SVT-VR Rig!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by PolkaHero, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Very reluctantly parting with my 2006 USA-made Ampeg SVT-VR rig. I am the original owner and this just isn't getting any use anymore now that I'm in a band that has adequate PA support. Everything is in excellent condition and works superb! All original tubes except V1 in the preamp which is a 12AX7 from a 1961 Hammond organ. I replaced the fan with a quieter model, the original is included and works fine. The amp already has the voltage modification performed so no shutdown issues. I had my local tech go over this a couple of years ago and he gave it a clean bill of health.

I gigged with this rig maybe 10-15 times per year and never had the volume above the 10:00 position. The past 2 years I barely used it at all. Comes with a padded cover for the cabinet and a nonpadded cover for the head. As you can see from the pictures the tolex is in excellent shape, only a few scuffs at the bottom of the cabinet.

I'm asking $1900 for the entire rig. Prefer a local sale but I'd be willing to drive a couple hours from the mid-Michigan area to meet someone.

Update: Selling amp and cabinet separately. $600 local pickup only for the cabinet. $1350 plus shipping CONUSA ($80-$120 depending on location) for the amp.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Billsals

Billsals Supporting Member

3. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

West Grove Pa (via the Northside of the 'Burg!)
    This rig would move mountains!
    GLWTS

4. PolkaHero

Yep, even with the volume at only 10:00 I would get complaints and that was at outdoor festivals!:p

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BASSKADET

BASSKADET Gold Supporting Member

I wish I had seen this 2 weeks ago. I just shelled out for a Heritage head and Heritage810.
    BUMP!

7. eyeballkid

eyeballkid

Disclosures:
    Records of Existence/PyrE owner
    I wish you were east coast!

8. f.c.geil

f.c.geil I'm your huckleberry... Supporting Member

+1!

I just dove into the all-tube world, too. And I'm in Mid-Michigan. Aargh!

9. ric4682

ric4682

Holy Lord I want this so badly. I need to balance my checkbook...and sell my car

10. PolkaHero

Monday bump!

I've been getting inquiries about selling each component separate, so here are the options for the amp and the cabinet:

Cabinet: $600 local pickup only.

Amp: $1350 plus shipping CONUSA (will cost $80-$120 depending on what part of the country you're located). Paypal accepted.

Keep in mind these USA SVT-VR models don't show up very often on here, maybe once or twice per year!

11. Nomad5

Nomad5 Supporting Member

12. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
  13. PolkaHero

Bump, still available.

14. PolkaHero

Cabinet is sold and off the market. Closing this thread and starting a new one for the head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.