1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

FS: Used Spirocore Mittels w/ Long E

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by Robin Ruscio, Oct 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FS: Used Spirocore Mittels w/ Long E

This is the medium gauge set (Mittels) with the long E for extensions. ( Long Es cost and extra $50 new.)

They are about 15 months old and have been played on moderately- 3-8 hours a week. I prefer brighter/newer strings on my dark bass for jazz playing but I know some players prefer broken in sets, especially for arco so I thought I would offer them up here. I've been asked by orchestral players in the past if I had any used Spiros.

$125 shipped CONUS.

2. Are they 3/4 or 4/4? Could be very interested :)

3. Sponsored by:

4. Not totally sure; I didnt install them myself as they were on my new Nick Lloyd bass. It's 3/4 sized (41 inches).

5. DC Bass

DC Bass Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Washington DC
    There is a way to tell, someone has detailed it here on talkbass before but I don't remember what it is exactly- I think it has to do with either the length of the silks at the tailpiece end or the length of the string between the silks...something like that.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.