SOLD FS: Vintage Cream White Yamaha BB-5000A - Wide Spacing!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by swpyne, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

This is a very beautiful 1991 Yamaha BB-5000A that I'm offering up for sale. It is in original condition with no mods of any kind.

Its condition is MINT (really!) and I would rate it 9.99 out of 10. "No chips or dings in the finish at all" No damage of any kind which is very unusual for these basses. The gold finish on the bridge is slightly worn off where you hand hits it, otherwise it would be 10 out of 10!

Many of you are already familiar with these basses but for those who aren't, these are the last version of the BB-5000 that Yamaha made. These have the much sought after wider string spacing (19mm) and the neck-through design coupled with both a split PU and a J style PU give them a tremendous voice and wonderfully versatile tone.

I am a big fan of the early Yamaha basses as many of you know, and while this bass was built in Taiwan, it is every bit as well made and those that were built in Japan IMO. You no doubt have seen these basses in use by studio pros for many years as they deliver a great sound and phenomenal playability.

I am just finding myself with way too many basses these days and as we all know, great basses should not just sit in the case, they should be played. I have spent quite a bit on this bass (I have receipts to prove it) and while I don't necessarily expect to recover all that I have invested, I am asking more than you typically see them sell for. That is largely because of its amazing condition and playability.

$1,100.00 including shipping in the CONUS.

It will ship in a very nice "high end" molded hard shell case (not pictured). Not sure who makes them but my Xotic XJ1T came in it.

This bass is "collector grade" and I guarantee you will never see another one like it! It's PERFECT!!!!!!!

Here is a photo, I will be glad to provide more to any seriously interested parties.

Thanks for looking and PM me with any questions at all.

[​IMG]

2. portraitoftracy

portraitoftracy Supporting Member

I saw this bass in person last week. I couldn't believe how immaculate the condition was, it literally looks new! The bass was set up great as well.

3. swpyne

Thanks Ari, I know you were impressed because you asked me if I had it refinished. There aren't many left in this kind of shape!

4. mlp1

mlp1

Disclosures:
    Salesman: Mad Music
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. swpyne

Replied! Thanks for the offer........

Still available :cool:

7. emblymouse

emblymouse I Dig A Pony Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Lakland**Bag End**Schroeder
    Yet another jewel. Spencer, where do you dig these up?

8. swpyne

I searched far and wide to find this one Tom and I paid a premium price for it when I finally found it. It's as good as these get.

I just have to make myself let go of some of my treasures. I'm trying to get my stable of 5 string basses down to just two. It's hard but I'm working towards it.............:rolleyes:

If any of you TB'ers out there have always wanted one of these, this is your chance and you won't see another like it.

I have had a couple cash offers but just not quite enough to make me let go of it..........yet!

9. swpyne

Looks like this rare beauty will be heading to Florida.......

10. Sleepwalker42

Sleepwalker42

That's indeed the nicest one I've ever seen out there. Worth every penny IMO.

11. swpyne

SOLD!

Thanks to all who appreciate these great, old Yamaha basses!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.