1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: Vintage Gibson (US) Victory Standard Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rbeck47, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbeck47

rbeck47 Supporting Member

For sale is my early 80's (I'm guessing probably 1981) US made, vintage Gibson Victory Standard bass with its original hard shell case. This is a passive bass, whereas the Artist model was active. I just had to have this bass because it's pretty rare and so different looking that it's cool. On top of that, it plays great (very even across the strings) and the neck is really comfortable. Gibson's answer to the P bass, the sound is very similar - and this thing is SOLID. The toggle switch is for series/parallel, and the controls are just the simple old volume and tone. The toggle makes an easy switch from a thinner, high end, slap happy tone, to a fatter, bottom end thick tone. No dead spots, no cracks - but honest to goodness player wear from 30-some years of delivering the groove. The case, as you see, is worn but functional. This is a slice of history - to my knowledge it is all original.

This link will take you to a site where the history and specs of this bass are discussed. I think the body color of mine is Antique Gold - I think it looks like the Shoreline Gold of today.
    http://www.flyguitars.com/gibson/bass/Victory.php

Will sell for $525 shipped CONUS. Not interested in trades, but you can always try. Weight you ask? I'll need to check, but it is probably about 10 lbs. - not light but still comfortable.

Attached Files:

2. rbeck47

more pics

Attached Files:

3. rbeck47

and more

Attached Files:

4. rbeck47

still more

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. rbeck47

Last one. Why am I selling? Part of me says keep it because it's just a great, rare vintage piece. On the other hand, I've got another bass coming in and it wouldn't hurt to sell one.

Attached Files:

7. rbeck47

Oh the agony of it all. I can't bring myself to do it - I'm pulling the listing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.