1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: Vintage SUNN Sorado & 2-15 Cabinet. Collectors condition!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by spellcaster, Aug 26, 2009.

1. spellcaster

spellcaster

1969 SUNN Sorado (200s) with matching 2-15 Cabinet.

60+ watts all tube amp powered by two kt88's and original preamp tubes.

Had the amp biased with new RI Gold Lion KT88's, new 3-prong power cord added and checked out by Music Technology with a clean bill of health.

I have been collecting vintage gear for many years and have not seen an amp and cabinet in this condition.
    The amp head I would say is mint, collectors condition and the cabinet has a couple very small signs of use but in extremely nice condition.

Asking 1,275 for the pair.
    May consider splitting up the set.

Located in Alexandria VA.
    Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Nick

to photos:
    http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j266/photonix_photos/Sunn Sorado/?albumview=grid

[​IMG]
  2. JonathanD

JonathanD

Have to ask......trades?
  3. sneha1965

sneha1965 Supporting Member

Being 60 watts, how is the volume? Also is there a reason you chose the kt88's over 6550's? Thanks, ~S
  4. sneha1965

sneha1965 Supporting Member

Also, I'm in Herndon. Would it be possible to see/play it? Thanks, ~S
  5. spellcaster

spellcaster

I choose the Gold Lions kt88 since I had heard such excellent reviews for them from other Sunn users. From what I understand they offer a bit higher wattage, plus the original Gold Lion KT88's are what originally Sunn used in these amps.
  6. chasegriff

chasegriff

Those Sunn 2x15s are bad ass, Wish I had the cash!
  7. charlemagne

charlemagne

PM sent...cool amp!
    Speaking of Sunn:

[​IMG]
  8. protoz

protoz

I have a '68 Sorado and the volume is pretty well suited for medium to low volume bands. I couldn't keep up with my Sunn 2x15 against a cranked 5150 half stack when I had to use it for a gig. It would be fantastic for recording and I plan to use mine the next time I hit the studio.

KT88's have more power output so it's actually a bit more than 65 watts that the 6550's put out.

My original Sunn tubes showing he has the correct tubes in it.
  9. spellcaster

spellcaster

Thanks to everyone who posted here. Amp and cabinet sold today to someone who drove down from Chicago from the Sunn Forums to pick it up... I know I will regret this down the line!
    protoz,, very cool that you still have those original kt88's!