1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: Warwick Corvette 5 string Made in Germany!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rogerbmiller, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

SOLD

For sale is a Corvette Standard Five String in excellent condition. This one is German Made, dated 2001.

This bass has a Bubinga body, Ovankol neck, wenge fingerboard, bell brass jumbo frets and just-a-nut adjustable nut. It comes all stock so two MEC J pickups, and active electroinics.

Again, this bass was made in 2001 based on the serial number ending in -01. Pics below.

This bass is in excellent condition. Super clean condition and frets are in great shape as I have pictured by spreading the lower strings. Just one or two very light superficial scratches at the bottom edge (photo below), nothing else that is noticeable.

This bass has all of that great Warwick tone you would expect. Nice mid-range, a tight B string and lots of that signature Warwick growl. The bass truly plays and sounds great and is to my eyes stunning to look at.

I am asking $SOLD shipped CONUS or best offer which means if you don't like the price then let's try to make a deal!

Please add $25 for shipping to PST or MST time zones due to higher cost of shipping.

I just came upon a new gig bag which I will ship the bass in and I pack bombproof. I also have an as new Roadrunner Hard case that I can include instead of the bag for an extra $50 if you prefer. But like I said, I pack bombproof so the bass will arrive safely either way.

No trades please unless you have a pre 1999 Warwick of some sort in which case I would consider. I also might consider a 62 AVRI Jazz.

Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any questions.

RBM

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. bassphreak

bassphreak Supporting Member

sweet mother of wood!
  3. btp

btp

Gorgeous, and nicely photographed! Some may wonder about weight, and the string spacing (at bridge)?
  4. rogerbmiller

Thanks.

String spacing is Warwick's standard 16.5mm.

I am not sure about weight as I don't have a scale in the office and don't like using the one at home lately :smug:

I can say that I have chronic lower back issues to I am sensitive to how a bass weighs and balances. I have used my 5 string corvettes for 3 hour rehearsals no problem, so at the very least we know this one isn't a beast.

That said if I can get this to a scale I will report back with exact weight.

:bassist:
  5. bassphreak

bassphreak Supporting Member

I just got the 4 string version of this. Amazing bass, amazing tone and always impressed with the Warwick build.

Good luck!!! Great bass and great seller.
  6. rogerbmiller

Regarding weight, I received an inquiry by PM so in absence of having a scale handy I have been doing some reading and came across this:;

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/warwick-corvette-weight-231330/

While the factory claims 8.8 lbs I believe that applies to the ash vettes. Based on the the thread the mode seems to be in the 10 lbs vicinity which feels about right to me.

This bass is about on par in weight with my vintage Ibanez Musician which I weighed at 10.4 lbs.

Hope this helps.
  7. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    I've always loved how amazingly Warwicks set up. They are so sturdy, the frets barely ever wear down, you can set these things up with the lowest action imaginable.
    There's nothing quite like them, GLWTS!
  8. manoverboard_21

manoverboard_21

Does this one have the push/pull volume control to go active/passive?
  9. rogerbmiller

Yes. The volume knob is a pull push knob that switches between passive and active. Very cool feature.
  10. jamestown94west

jamestown94west

Check your pm's
  11. rogerbmiller

Replied
  12. jjstyle

jjstyle

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Boucher Guitares, Muraudio
    Is it still available?
  13. rogerbmiller

Yes, still here.
  14. rogerbmiller

Just came into a new gig bag which I will include with the bass. So bump for a brand new gig bag.

I have had several offers but nothing that has panned out. I just edited the listing to put out a possible trade for a 92 AVRI Jazz Bass. Sale is still preferred so let's deal!
  15. rogerbmiller

Sale pending.
  16. rogerbmiller

Bass is sold and heading north. Thanks everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.