1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: Warwick Rockbass Alien Standard Acoustic Electric Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by peabody, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

I have for sale a like new Warwick Alien Rockbass Standard Acoustic Electic bass. I bought this for an acoustic project I thought I'd be working on, but it didn't pan out, so I've decided to put it up for sale. This is the Standard, fretted, 4 string model.

If you aren't familiar with these, they are great. I love the thinner, jazz like neck and the shorter scale makes it extremely comfortable to play.

Here are the specs....

• Machineheads: Warwick Machine heads
    • Nut: Just-a-Nut III
    • Neck Wood: Mahogany neck
    • Fretboard: Rosewood fingerboard (fretted)
    • Scale length: 32" medium scale
    • Fret quantity material and size: 24 Extra high Jumbo Nickelsilver frets (Width: 2.9 mm / Height: 1.3 mm)
    • Bodywood (Topwood / Backwood): Laminated Spruce top / back and sides made of laminated Agathis
    • Pickups: Fishman Sonicore piezo pickup
    • Electronics: Fishman Sonitone preamp
    • Bridge system: Rosewood bridge with bone saddle and slotted bridge pins
    • Construction: Set Neck, Acoustic Bass
    • Colour possibilities: Natural High Polish (top), solid black High Polish Finish (back and sides), Black High Polish or Vintage Sunburst
    • Hardware color: Chrome
    • String label / gauges:
    • Warwick Red Bronze Acoustic 045" - .105" (35200 MS)
    • Weight: 2.9 kg (6.4 lbs)

This bass is in absolute mint condition and has never left my house. It will ship with a Warwick Rockbag gig bag.

Price is [DEL]$500[/DEL] [DEL]$475 [/DEL] $450 shipped to the lower 48...payable through PayPal or a USPS Money Order. PM me with questions or feel free to shoot me an e-mail to peabody59@gmail.com.

Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. peabody

Acoustic bump....
  3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Man I just bought an acoustic I thought these were long scale? that 32" medium scale is a perfect scale I wish more guitars had this scale nice bass and great deal.
  4. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Free bump for a great acoustic bass.

I own a Rockbass Alien Deluxe 6 and love it. The Rockbass Aliens are an excellent value, especially for their low prices. Such a beautiful deep tone. Everyone I've played it for tells me it sounds and looks fantastic.

When I was making my ABG decision, I actually chose the Rockbass Alien over the Warwick model for a few reasons. Number one being the significant price difference. The second reason was that I did not care for the thumb rest that came with the Warwick version.

Since this seller is including the gigbag, that is especially a great value for the eventual happy TB owner. Unfortunately for myself, I did not buy a gigbag or case when I ordered mine. I will need to order one later.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. peabody

I was selling this to buy a Lakland Hollowbody 30 I had my eye on, but it looks like I missed out on that bass. Because of that, I'm not in as big of hurry to sell this one, although I will leave it up for sale.

If you're in the market for an A/E bass, this is a terrific bass for the money.

Also, I would certainly consider a trade toward one of the Lakland HoBo 30's...with some cash on my part.
  7. peabody

I've had a couple of inquiries to see if this is still available....and it is. I've been in kind of a "passive" selling mode, but it is still for sale....and a great bass to boot.
  8. peabody

"Back" to the top...with a price drop. Now $475 shipped.

[​IMG]
  9. peabody

10. peabody

Price drop to $450 shipped.
  11. peabody

...and sold! Thanks everyone for your interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.