FS: Warwick Rockbass Alien Standard Acoustic Electric Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by peabody, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

I have for sale a like new Warwick Alien Rockbass Standard Acoustic Electic bass. I bought this for an acoustic project I thought I'd be working on, but it didn't pan out, so I've decided to put it up for sale. This is the Standard, fretted, 4 string model.

If you aren't familiar with these, they are great. I love the thinner, jazz like neck and the shorter scale makes it extremely comfortable to play.

Here are the specs....

• Machineheads: Warwick Machine heads
    • Nut: Just-a-Nut III
    • Neck Wood: Mahogany neck
    • Fretboard: Rosewood fingerboard (fretted)
    • Scale length: 32" medium scale
    • Fret quantity material and size: 24 Extra high Jumbo Nickelsilver frets (Width: 2.9 mm / Height: 1.3 mm)
    • Bodywood (Topwood / Backwood): Laminated Spruce top / back and sides made of laminated Agathis
    • Pickups: Fishman Sonicore piezo pickup
    • Electronics: Fishman Sonitone preamp
    • Bridge system: Rosewood bridge with bone saddle and slotted bridge pins
    • Construction: Set Neck, Acoustic Bass
    • Colour possibilities: Natural High Polish (top), solid black High Polish Finish (back and sides), Black High Polish or Vintage Sunburst
    • Hardware color: Chrome
    • String label / gauges:
    • Warwick Red Bronze Acoustic 045" - .105" (35200 MS)
    • Weight: 2.9 kg (6.4 lbs)

This bass is in absolute mint condition and has never left my house. It will ship with a Warwick Rockbag gig bag.

Price is [DEL]$500[/DEL] [DEL]$475 [/DEL] $450 shipped to the lower 48...payable through PayPal or a USPS Money Order. PM me with questions or feel free to shoot me an e-mail to peabody59@gmail.com.

Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. peabody

Acoustic bump....
  3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Man I just bought an acoustic I thought these were long scale? that 32" medium scale is a perfect scale I wish more guitars had this scale nice bass and great deal.
  4. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Free bump for a great acoustic bass.

I own a Rockbass Alien Deluxe 6 and love it. The Rockbass Aliens are an excellent value, especially for their low prices. Such a beautiful deep tone. Everyone I've played it for tells me it sounds and looks fantastic.

When I was making my ABG decision, I actually chose the Rockbass Alien over the Warwick model for a few reasons. Number one being the significant price difference. The second reason was that I did not care for the thumb rest that came with the Warwick version.

Since this seller is including the gigbag, that is especially a great value for the eventual happy TB owner. Unfortunately for myself, I did not buy a gigbag or case when I ordered mine. I will need to order one later.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. peabody

I was selling this to buy a Lakland Hollowbody 30 I had my eye on, but it looks like I missed out on that bass. Because of that, I'm not in as big of hurry to sell this one, although I will leave it up for sale.

If you're in the market for an A/E bass, this is a terrific bass for the money.

Also, I would certainly consider a trade toward one of the Lakland HoBo 30's...with some cash on my part.
  7. peabody

I've had a couple of inquiries to see if this is still available....and it is. I've been in kind of a "passive" selling mode, but it is still for sale....and a great bass to boot.
  8. peabody

"Back" to the top...with a price drop. Now $475 shipped.

[​IMG]
  9. peabody

10. peabody

Price drop to $450 shipped.
  11. peabody

...and sold! Thanks everyone for your interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.