1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: Warwick Thumb 5 BO Highly Figured Wood

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sleevey55, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

For sale is my beloved Thumb 5 BO, circa 2002. Bass has the most highly figured Ovangkol body I've ever seen. Its flat gorgeous. As you can see by the pics it is new looking still. MEC logos are still intact and the bass is flawless. Frets show no wear and the neck is straight as an arrow, action is low. I regret having to sell this but I have bought a few other things lately and I need to re-coup some of the money I spent. I loved this bass but as you can see, it didnt get played much. I played it twice last year. It just sits in its case, so I need to part with it and get some money towards other debts. I have an HSC that the bass will come with, along with bees wax and truss tool. The only thing Ill mention on the bass as I always disclose everything is the laminated neck/headstock is a hair uneven. On the back of the headstock at the top by the "E" and "A" tuner, where two of the laminates meet, there are two spots where they arent quite even. It's not cracked, just not evenly "sandwiched" ....see pic. Its nothing to worry about as its been this way since new, factory flaw, but it is nothing more than a visual "blem" as it doesnt effect anything whatsoever. The bass is 12 years old and it looks as it did when it was bought new. I have to sell the bass, so Im going to start low here and ask $1200 OR BEST OFFER with FREE SHIPPING. This is a steal as these go for a fair amount more in this condition, and with the beautiful wood on this one, I feel that this price is very fair. I gotta get some cash so heres your chance to get a wonderful instrument at a great price, shipped free. Thanks to ya all!!

Attached Files:

2. sleevey55

More...

Attached Files:

3. sleevey55

more...

Attached Files:

4. sleevey55

Here is the back of the headstock. You can see the small two areas where the two laminates just werent done quite right. Again, this has been this way for 12 years and hasnt changed a bit. Doesnt effect anything in any way, but I always disclose everything on my basses, which is why I have a 100% rating here and on ebay.

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. 5stringthumpin

5stringthumpin Supporting Member

Very sweet grain on this bass, at a great price. Glws....
  7. sleevey55

Thanks man!!!!
  8. sleevey55

Warwick bump...answered PM.
  9. foudufafa

foudufafa

Wide neck?
    Weight?

Thx
  10. HomesickBob

HomesickBob Do da Boogie! ;-) Supporting Member

Bump for a beautiful axe at very low pricing... i have a '93 Streamer 5, beside my Bergers the top notch!
    Blwts!...
  11. sleevey55

Thanks guys!!! Got some interest already!!
  12. sleevey55

Buyer couldn't come through.... Back up for sale!!
  13. guitar<bass

guitar<bass

If I had my tax return right now...:/ That may be the most beautiful Thumb I've seen yet. And I have spent plenty of time looking at em...
  14. sleevey55

Bass is SOLD!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.