SOLD FS: Yamaha Attitude Custom - Blue, Early 90's

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ubnomnar, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member Supporting Member

SOLD to an Attitude Lovin' TB Brother in France :bassist:

$525 PayPal shipped Continental USA lower 48 only.

Includes a fully functional and very protective Fender contoured hardshell case.

• Yamaha Attitude Custom from the early 90's. One step below the Limited in the original Attitude line up.
    • Released at the same time as the original Attitude Limited Billy Sheehan sig model.
    • Made in Taiwan the same as all first generation Attitude models including the LTD.
    • Shares same construction as Limited model including what Yamaha describes as an "aircraft-grade aluminum plate" to join the neck and body.
    • Custom has a different neck and an electronics package that offers a wider array of tonal options.
    • Weight: 9 lbs 10 oz
    • Body: Alder
    • Neck: 1 11/16" nut, 21 fret, D-profile... no scallops
    • Pickups – 3 sets
    - Split-P; I think this one is a Fender as it has a brass plate under it.
    - Piezos in the bridge saddles
    - Stock Dimarzio “Woofer” under the pickguard in the neck position. This is a full-range humbucker pickup which sounds great by itself.
    • Electronics: switchable mono and stereo outputs. Stacked P/woofer volume, 3-way switch (Magnetic/Magnetic +Piezo/Piezo + woofer), stacked P tone/Piezo volume.

This bass is in nice shape for a 20 year old. All the electronics function as designed. The frets are in good shape and it’s got a very wide range of quickly available usable tones.

This is a sharp lookin’ bass. At first glance it's a "wow." As you look closer you'll find shallow dings, and light scratches. The biggest flaw is a paint chip on the back edge of the lower bout which cannot be seen when you are playing it.

The glossy fretboard is very nicely figured and has the classic "bullet" inlays.

I’ve enjoyed owning this bass for a year. It’s a model that is rather uncommon. I currently own three 90’s Attitudes including a second Attitude Custom which is my favorite bass.

Check the album for more pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/109422...&authkey=Gv1sRgCIv-k_T26-y4Kg&feat=directlink

Be sure to click on the pics a couple times for full size:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. groooooove

groooooove

what is the difference between this and the original billy sheehan bass? are the frets scalloped? is the neck on this as chunky as on billys?

t

3. neptoon

neptoon

this bass has an additional piezo system...the upper frets aren't scalloped, the neck uses the same size fret wire on the entire neck...not sure about the neck profile

4. ubnomnar

The Sheehan Sig has a 1 3/4" nut, a thicker "C" neck profile and scalloped frets 17-21 as compared to the 1 11/16" nut, shallower "D" neck profile and 21 jumbo unscalloped frets on the Custom. The pickups/electronics are completely different. You can find more info if you look at the catalog I posted in the album link.

I've owned 13 Attitudes including... two LTD1, three LTD2, an LTD10X, and two LTD3. I've also owned two Customs, two Standards, and a Standard 5. I've enjoyed them all.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. rogersjoe

rogersjoe Sakara Bassist Supporting Member

Is this still available?

7. ubnomnar

Today I shipped this one to an Attitude Lovin' TB Brother in France :bassist:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.