1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: ZON Legacy Elite 5 NO TRADES*

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by zijianli1988, Feb 9, 2014.

1. zijianli1988

zijianli1988 Supporting Member

With regrets I'm putting my Zon Legacy Elite 5 up for sale.

Specifications:
    - 34" scale
    - Quilted maple top
    - Translucent indigo stain, gloss finish
    - Polyfusion 3 Band Preamp (active treble, mid, bass)
    - Bartolini soap bar pickups
    - Composite neck/phenowood fingerboard/graffite nut
    - Black + Gold Hardware
    - Weight: Approx 9 lbs. 8 oz

Condition: The top of this bass is in great shape. Some normal wear on the pickup covers, and some string indents at the end of the fingerboard. Headstock has a few small dings. But otherwise looks/feels great.

The back has an issue, you can see in the pics. There are a few cracks in the finish The cracks haven't gotten any larger in years, but options would be to have them sealed (using epoxy/superglue) then buffed smooth, or the bass could be refinished partially (isolating the back) or completely refinished.

I'm selling this "as is" for now at $1800.00 AUD

The cost estimate to refinish would run around $300-$600 depending on refinishing the whole bass vs. trying to isolate the back. The cracks could be sealed and buffed for around $150-$200. Note: All of these are estimates based on my own research from professional luthiers.

Comes with original Zon Legacy Elite case.

Message me with any questions and/or for more info. Please also email me if I don't reply to your responses.

Aaron.li@me.com

International shipping can be arranged, however cost varies depending on buyer location.

Thanks for looking. :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Aaron

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. gwangi

gwangi Supporting Member

Judging from the pic's it looks like the top on this bass is Bubinga not Quilt Maple, do you know what year this bass was made?
  3. zijianli1988

Hi there~

The Serial Number for this bass is 4991541, I was told by ZON that this bass was made in 1997, however if you want to you could confirm by emailing ZON.

4. ialma

ialma

That's not bubinga.
    It's a Claro Walnut top. Asked Joe Zon, my Legacy has the same identical top :)
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. zijianli1988

Thanks guys~ very good stuff
  7. visualrocker69

visualrocker69