FSO: Kustom 1200 Head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by kjpollo, Dec 22, 2013.

1. kjpollo

kjpollo

OK guys- this one is a powerhouse!
    It delivers 450 watts @ 8 Ohms; 750 @ 4; and 1200 watts @ 2 ohms!!
    WAY more power than I need so I'm looking to move it out.

Very flexible tone shaping- 3 rotary controls for bass, mid and treble and each of those dials is linked to a toggle switch that changes the frequency center for that control. The head also features a 9 band graphic EQ.

Comes already equipped with rack ears and it also comes with the original 2 button footswitch and the footswitch cable. One button is a simple Mute function and the other is called "Solo" and when activated it provides a boost in gain coming into the power amp- perfect when you need to boost up your sound so a solo cuts through better. You can also use this feature via a button on the face of the amp.

Appearance wise, the front panel looks perfectly good. There is a noticeable scratch across the top of the head but its purely cosmetic.

One thing to note- the output is Speakon ONLY. Not a big deal because adapters are readily available. But I just want it out there that you cant use it with just a 1/4 inch cable.

I prefer this to be a local sale because it would be kinda heavy to ship- the head weighs about 32 lbs. And also because I dont have suitable shipping materials which means FedEx Ground will be packing as well as shipping.
    That said, I would be willing to ship if we split the shipping costs.
    I can arrange to drive an hour or 2 to meet someone. Thats what I did when I bought this head several years back from a fellow TBer.

Price is $[DEL]325[/DEL] 300- PRICE DROPand that figure does NOT include shipping.
    Payment via Paypal is preferred though I would also accept USPS Money Order.
    Here is a link to a stock picture. Mine looks like this except that there is the aforementioned scratch across the top.
    http://www.musicpower.com/mmGUITARTRADER/Images/NK-GROOVE1200HD-f.jpg

I'll try to post a couple of pics of mine that show the scratch. But we all know the next few days are going to be hectic so I dont know how soon I can get that done.
  2. kjpollo

kjpollo

UPDATE:
    I will take offers on the bass but no trades! I need to sell this outright,
    I'm GAS-free for now and I want to keep it that way!
  3. kjpollo

kjpollo

TTT

And now OBO!!
  4. kjpollo

kjpollo

1200 watts at 2 ohms guys!! That much power can take down a building!! And dont forget, its OBO now.

TTT
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. kjpollo

kjpollo

I let this sit on the sidelines because I thought I had a buyer. Havent heard from him recently so...

TTT!!!

And remember- its now OBO, and I can take a lower offer if I dont have to ship. I'm willing to drive an hour or so to take care of this in person.
    So CT, Southern NY, RI, Western MA and Northern NJ buyers- come and get it!!!!
  7. kjpollo

kjpollo

Price drop!! Now $300 OBO.
    And remember, if you're close enough to meet me, I can go lower on the OBO part!!
  8. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Free bump for a seriously underrated head..These things can honestly do it all without breaking a sweat or your bank!
  9. kjpollo

kjpollo

TTT

C'mon guys! Who needs a 2 ohm-stable head that can push 1200 watts!!
    And another price drop- $275 OBO, local pickup = lower BO
    I accept Paypal, USPS Money Order and of course- cash!
  10. otisduo

otisduo Supporting Member

Is the head still available?

Frank
  11. kjpollo

kjpollo

TTT, c'mon guys- this baby has power for DAYS!!

Probably heading off to evilbay soon....
  12. JazzBass1949

JazzBass1949 I Did That Ya I played There Ya I Did What a Blast Supporting Member

13. kjpollo

kjpollo

OK,
    I've been out of touch WAAY to long on this.

The head is still available and its $275 OBO...also now willing to consider trades.

I can use a FRETTED 5- ESP LTD would be great especially if its a spalted top with lots of figure..
    or a Traben Chaos Core w/rosewood fb.

On the 4 string side- Yamaha BB series- but must be 2 pickup models and I prefer active
    Also- Schecter Model T- preferably butterscotch...

OR a good 2x10 cab or maybe a 1x15..

Thanks!!