1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FSO: Kustom 1200 Head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by kjpollo, Dec 22, 2013.

1. kjpollo

kjpollo

OK guys- this one is a powerhouse!
    It delivers 450 watts @ 8 Ohms; 750 @ 4; and 1200 watts @ 2 ohms!!
    WAY more power than I need so I'm looking to move it out.

Very flexible tone shaping- 3 rotary controls for bass, mid and treble and each of those dials is linked to a toggle switch that changes the frequency center for that control. The head also features a 9 band graphic EQ.

Comes already equipped with rack ears and it also comes with the original 2 button footswitch and the footswitch cable. One button is a simple Mute function and the other is called "Solo" and when activated it provides a boost in gain coming into the power amp- perfect when you need to boost up your sound so a solo cuts through better. You can also use this feature via a button on the face of the amp.

Appearance wise, the front panel looks perfectly good. There is a noticeable scratch across the top of the head but its purely cosmetic.

One thing to note- the output is Speakon ONLY. Not a big deal because adapters are readily available. But I just want it out there that you cant use it with just a 1/4 inch cable.

I prefer this to be a local sale because it would be kinda heavy to ship- the head weighs about 32 lbs. And also because I dont have suitable shipping materials which means FedEx Ground will be packing as well as shipping.
    That said, I would be willing to ship if we split the shipping costs.
    I can arrange to drive an hour or 2 to meet someone. Thats what I did when I bought this head several years back from a fellow TBer.

Price is $[DEL]325[/DEL] 300- PRICE DROPand that figure does NOT include shipping.
    Payment via Paypal is preferred though I would also accept USPS Money Order.
    Here is a link to a stock picture. Mine looks like this except that there is the aforementioned scratch across the top.
    http://www.musicpower.com/mmGUITARTRADER/Images/NK-GROOVE1200HD-f.jpg

I'll try to post a couple of pics of mine that show the scratch. But we all know the next few days are going to be hectic so I dont know how soon I can get that done.

2. kjpollo

kjpollo

UPDATE:
    I will take offers on the bass but no trades! I need to sell this outright,
    I'm GAS-free for now and I want to keep it that way!

3. kjpollo

kjpollo

TTT

And now OBO!!

4. kjpollo

kjpollo

1200 watts at 2 ohms guys!! That much power can take down a building!! And dont forget, its OBO now.

TTT

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. kjpollo

kjpollo

I let this sit on the sidelines because I thought I had a buyer. Havent heard from him recently so...

TTT!!!

And remember- its now OBO, and I can take a lower offer if I dont have to ship. I'm willing to drive an hour or so to take care of this in person.
    So CT, Southern NY, RI, Western MA and Northern NJ buyers- come and get it!!!!

7. kjpollo

kjpollo

Price drop!! Now $300 OBO.
    And remember, if you're close enough to meet me, I can go lower on the OBO part!!

8. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Free bump for a seriously underrated head..These things can honestly do it all without breaking a sweat or your bank!

9. kjpollo

kjpollo

TTT

C'mon guys! Who needs a 2 ohm-stable head that can push 1200 watts!!
    And another price drop- $275 OBO, local pickup = lower BO
    I accept Paypal, USPS Money Order and of course- cash!

10. otisduo

otisduo

Is the head still available?

Frank

11. kjpollo

kjpollo

TTT, c'mon guys- this baby has power for DAYS!!

Probably heading off to evilbay soon....

12. JazzBass1949

JazzBass1949 I Did That Ya I played There Ya I Did What a Blast Supporting Member

13. kjpollo

kjpollo

OK,
    I've been out of touch WAAY to long on this.

The head is still available and its $275 OBO...also now willing to consider trades.

I can use a FRETTED 5- ESP LTD would be great especially if its a spalted top with lots of figure..
    or a Traben Chaos Core w/rosewood fb.

On the 4 string side- Yamaha BB series- but must be 2 pickup models and I prefer active
    Also- Schecter Model T- preferably butterscotch...

OR a good 2x10 cab or maybe a 1x15..

Thanks!!