1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FT: 2008 Stingray for Yamaha BB3000

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RussT, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

This is a bit of a longshot but I thought I would put it out there. I have a 2008 sunburst Stingray 4. I want a Yamaha BB3000. I really want a BB3000s but I will take one with the pickup selector as well. I am not interested in the 3000MA or in the 3000A.
    I am looking at a straight up trade.

If anyone out there has one and is up for the trade them PM me and let's get this started.

The stingray is in near mint condition. There is an indent on the back about 1/8th of an inch. It is shown in one of the pictures. Other than that it is very clean. Comes with OHSC.

Attached Files:

2. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

More photos.

Attached Files:

3. mimaz

mimaz Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Crook Custom Guitars
    I have a BB3000A, and a "twin" in fretless...but don't remember...how are they different from the MA and the S?

4. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

The A series are active. I am looking for one of the passive ones. Also should note that I want a made in japan model. I think all the passive 3000's were made in japan but I could be wrong. I know for sure that some of the 3000a's were made in Taiwan. Nice bass's just not what I am looking for.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

I have removed the G&L from my trade options. I like it too much and already regretted getting rid of one last year.

7. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

I will put another trade option in. I would also trade for a tony franklin fretted precision. I will add $100 or so for the franklin.

8. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

9. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

10. x52dcd

x52dcd Supporting Member

Sale price? If I can move my Skyline JO, I might be interested. Already have a stingray, but dig the burst! In Canada too (NL)...

11. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sale price is 950. I have a guy interested in trading me for a EBMM Sterling which I may take so it may not be around much longer.
    Do you have the JO listed anywhere. I wouldn't mind seeing pictures. Thanks.

12. x52dcd

x52dcd Supporting Member

Pm'd with link

13. WillInDenver

WillInDenver An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

I have a BB1600, 1988 build probably. All original except for new pots. It has a Hipshot D-Tuner. I'm the only owner; take a look.

14. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Nice bass. Not a straight trade though. The bb1600's sell for around 400 so it wouldn't work. I am really hoping for a bb3000 as well.

15. WillInDenver

WillInDenver An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Sure, no problem. Just letting you know it's out here as an option.

16. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Appreciated. You never know.

17. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

I am closing this thread because I have traded the Stingray for a Sterling locally. I am going to try the Sterling for awhile but chances are I will create a new thread looking to trade the Sterling. If anyone has a BB3000 either for sale or trade and see's this message please PM me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.