1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FT: 2010 Warmoth J-Style fretless- green quilt, ebony, EMG's, gorgeous!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by K-Funk, Nov 27, 2013.

1. K-Funk

K-Funk Supporting Member

I've waffled on trading this a lot in the recent past, but sadly I just don't have room for a fretless 4-banger in my arsenal. Easily the best 4-string fretless I've had, better than my old '81 L1k and '08 EBMM Sterling. It's an all-Warmoth unlined fretless J-bass made in 2010; here are the specs:

Alder body
    Quilt maple top
    Green Stain satin finish
    1/4" thick black ebony fingerboard
    Flame maple neck with satin finish and steel support bars
    EMG 40 pickups (18 volt)
    V/T/V/T passive controls
    Black Hipshot knobs
    Black Schaller tuners
    Black Schaller roller bridge
    Black neck plate
    Dunlop Straplok system

Functionally, the bass is flawless, but with one caveat. As noted in a previous thread (and mistakenly argued by me), the bridge is about two millimeters farther from the bridge pickup on the E side than the G side. HOWEVER... the intonation is spot-on and it in no way affects anything.

The bass is cosmetically immaculate, sans a couple of infinitesimally minor marks. The disc-shaped string retainer on the headstock was removed in favor of a bar, so the pinhole where the original was is visible, but not noticeable. Furthermore, the area around the pinhole was covered by a badly-placed Warmoth decal, which was removed. There's still some minor goop left over from the decal was, but removing it should be a piece of cake. There is some worming near the output jack and some very light marks on the back, but nothing makes it through the green :p The top is clean. The neck is perfectly set up for comfortable, low action, and the fingerboard is in great shape with minor ghosting from the Fender flatwounds. It weighs 9.5 pounds, but the balance is so good that I don't notice it. Neck is super smooth and plays like a dream. You might need to file the nut a bit if you change the strings; the current Fenders sit a little tall, but I prefer medium action on a fretless. The neck is set up perfectly with no distortion. Not sure if it has steel or graphite bars, but I'm leaning toward steel.

Photos!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For trades, feel free to make an offer; worst I can say is no. However, these would grab my attention fairly quickly:

-Carvins of all shapes and sizes, including guitars
    -The right P-Bass
    -Fretless 5's
    -Fretted or fretless 6's
  2. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Hey man, how much for a local cash sale.
    I seem to remember it when it was @ MCG.
  3. K-Funk

K-Funk Supporting Member

4. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus Supporting Member

ooooomatching silks bump!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. melodiaopus

melodiaopus Supporting Member

I have a early 2001 Warwick Thumb BO that it don't play anymore.
  7. ilovenofrets

ilovenofrets Supporting Member

Media:
  8. K-Funk

K-Funk Supporting Member

1.5" at the nut.
  9. rbeck47

rbeck47 Supporting Member

Trade value?
  10. Lincoln

Lincoln Supporting Member