1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FT American Deluxe Jazz 5 string with bartolini for guitar

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Thedeadking, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thedeadking

Thedeadking Supporting Member

Looks like this is traded. I'm going to close it.

I'm not sure if this is the right section but here goes. Looking for a trade only at this time. 1996 American Deluxe Jazz 5 string.The previous owner changed the pickups and pre-amp for Bartolini's. I'm not 100% what model the pickups or pre-amp are but trying to find out.The controls are volume, treble-cut, mid-cut, bass-cut, and pick-up pan. The finish is crimson burst and really hard to capture. The edge of the body is metallic candy apple red finish and burst over the ash grain and its really awesome looking in person. Everything is 100% functional and plays great but this is a players bass so keep that in mind. It has some nicks and dings on the body,neck, and head stock and might have been touched up in a few places but is great playing and sounding bass. I do have a deluxe gig bag with it and will be packed well. I don't know the weight but it is fairly light for a 5 string.

Trades I'm really only looking for a electric guitar or really nice mandolin. The ONLY bass things I would be interested in is a Rickenbacker, Upright bass, Euro Spector, or Orange tiny terror head. All trades either way I'm looking for straight trade. I MIGHT be able to cash on the right Jazzmaster, Jaguar or Gretsch. I'll consider a cheaper guitar and some cash but only if its a Gretsch or Thinline telecaster. Condition wise i'm not picky as long as the neck is straight and truss rod works. Some things that i'm looking for are.

Fender Jazzmaster or Jaguar is priority. No HH jaguars or blacktop models, I want one with the classic pickup configurations.
    Mosrite type guitar like a Hallmark 60 or if you have a Mosrite for trade :D
    USA Stratocaster.
    Telecaster with Bigsby
    Thinline Telecaster + cash
    Parker guitars
    Gretsch guitars(might need cash unless it has TV Jones pickups)
    Les Paul?
    8 string guitar.
    Dipinto Galaxie(plus cash)

Mandolin wise I would like an F style close to the value of the bass so no Rogues please. I will consider some A models depending on the maker.

I also have a candy apple red Peavey Foundation made in the USA I would trade for a Squier Jazzmaster or Jaguar.

Attached Files:

2. Thedeadking

PM's replied and updated info.
  3. kcandme

kcandme Supporting Member

More Pictures...?

"Might be touched up..."?
    Is it or not... and please show.
    Please state a value for trade reference.
    Thank You
  4. Thedeadking

I say might be cause I'm not sure. The spots that looked "touched up" are more textured in feel rather than look and doesn't really look any different.I was told it can happen to this particular finish and others cause one part is stain and the other is metal flake/sparkle like its was separating and it is only on an area on the edges on the body with that metalflake/sparkle .I can't prove it or verify it just what I was told on a fender forum.Its really punchy sounding and versatile with the electronics. I will have pics up tomorrow morning. I have a value around $850 give or take.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    I love this color. Good luck with the sale!
  7. Thedeadking

Thank you.

I have uploaded some pics to the link at the bottom and marked the ones and gave to description to the pictures that have the raised texture to them. It is kinda hard to tell because it is a burst finish and the textured part is only at the edges and not the front where its the darkest already and starts to fade. There is a lot of different red to the burst It could be a good touch up, or it could be like I was told before it was just separating from the painting process from fender over time. I can't prove it either way. I'm trying to be as upfront and honest as possible about everything I know. I had a really hard time trying to capture the burst from darker to lighter and a good representation of the color. I'm more than happy to send more pics or any info need for anybody seriously interested. http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/randomhero47001/library/
  8. Thedeadking

Looks like this is gone. I'm locking up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.