1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FT: Circle K .112 balanced 4 string set

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by chapito, Aug 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chapito

chapito Supporting Member

This was my first set of CKs. Installed for about 2 weeks on a Fender jazz, lightly used (2 church gigs and 4 days of teaching). Looking to [DEL]trade for lightly used CK .118 balanced set[/DEL] sell. Love the strings—just going heavier.

$20 CONUS/PAYPAL

Thanks!
  2. chapito

3. LeifVernaculum

LeifVernaculum Supporting Member

Are u stepping up to 118 for drop tuning purposes? Or are the strings really that flexible-feeling?
  4. chapito

yes, when I purchased the strings my target was Eb standard tuning, I then quickly settled on D standard.

I wouldn't say they're more flexible, but maybe nice and supple. Coming from almost two decades of DR Hi/Fat beams, I found CKs to be very similar in general. My issue was moving to D standard DGCF tuning.

To figure out my starting sizes (after reading a ton of TB posts), I figured step up one size from HiBeams and then one more size for each 1/2 step lower in tuning (YMMV). My target is 42-46lb in tension.

Skip at CK is very helpful too!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. LeifVernaculum

LeifVernaculum Supporting Member

Just to revisit the topic: I've since played CK strings, and I have to say, damn are they slinky flexible! I installed the .102 balanced set and they have an inherent drop-tuned metal tone because they're so loose at standard tuning. .102 is the most standard in gauge range for E strings, but the whole set just feels lighter as well in comparison to typical string sets, as unbalanced sets increase in tension for the higher strings. So these just feel all around loose. I have the 106 set hanging in my closet next. I'm looking forward to a fatter tighter sound with those. Circle Ks are interesting for sure, I'd recommend anyone who plays round wound strings to check them out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.