1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FT: Drake Marilyn

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tlaubs, Jan 31, 2014.

1. tlaubs

tlaubs Supporting Member

Looking to trade my custom Drake Marilyn. In very nice condition overall, has a couple small depressions on the body but they are hardly noticeable and cannot get them to show up in pictures. Copied Info from Drake:

Neck is made of 2 pieces of quarter sawn Wenge topped with a 24 fret, 34 inch scale Wenge fretboard. bound the fretboard with Bloodwood to give this bass some color.

Her peghead facings are Wenge and the neck is finished in just a light coat of oil that gives her a raw smooth feel and a matte appearance.

Wenge is a self stabilized wood that does not require finish to resist warping. She also sports two carbon fiber stab rods and a dual action truss rod.

Her body is of blonde colored light weight Swamp Ash with a Wenge center block. Her satin finish is a light poly varnish to seal the wood without killing the tone.

Her electronics package consists of two EMG 3.0 Jazz pickups wired in a 9 volt configuration. These pickups are dead quiet even at high volume levels. The combination of wood and electronics makes this bass have a warmer focused low end and warm poppy mids and highs.

Hipshot brand hardware on this bass. Ultra-lite tuners, and an A style bridge that allows the player to adjust spacing.

She weighs in at 8 lbs. and measures 1.5 inches wide at the nut and 2.5 inches wide at the 24th fret

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1391179864.220324.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1391179885.037489.jpg

I can post more pictures on request and it comes with a very nice Mono Vertigo case. Pretty open on trades for 4 or 5 strings and can do +/- cash
  2. tlaubs

tlaubs Supporting Member

As far as trades, would really like a Zon Sonus, Musicman in HS pickup configuration, Modulus VJ, but feel free to throw anything at me
  3. bassvirtuoso

bassvirtuoso My God, it's full of chrome! Supporting Member

I own a lot of Andrew Drake's work and have another one on order, excellent craftsmanship!
  4. tlaubs

tlaubs Supporting Member

Thanks. It is a great bass
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. tlaubs

tlaubs Supporting Member

Bump for trades
  7. tlaubs

tlaubs Supporting Member

8. 707hippie

707hippie Supporting Member

More pictures , and a trade value ??
  9. zongo

zongo Supporting Member

PM'd ya.
  10. zongo

zongo Supporting Member

If you are considering a pure sale, let me know.