1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FT: Epifani T-110UL

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by CH Design, Feb 17, 2014.

1. CH Design

CH Design Supporting Member

I bought this cab from Tom Bowlus a number of years ago. Here is his explanation for the name.

"Epifani T-110UL - As mentioned, I believe this to be the same cab currently offered as the "UL110" (the "T-110UL" nomenclature was used back before the "NYC" label started to be used for the ceramic driver based cabs)."​

I don't know if that makes this a Series 1 or not. It hasn't been gigged or pushed hard since I've owned it.

I still love the way this cab sounds, but it's time for a change. Looking to stick with a compact 110, 112 or 115. 4 ohms is preferred. A Euphonic Audio Wizzy 12M is at the top of my list, but I'm open to entertaining other trades as well.

The cab is in great condition and comes with a padded cover. I can post pics if anyone wants to see it.

Con US and Canada only.
  2. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

Pics would be great.
  3. jar240

jar240

Hi. Do you have a cash price in Ottawa?
  4. CH Design

I'll get pics up tonight.

I haven't really look in to what it would cost me to buy something to replace it. If no trades come up, I'll change this to a FS thread and post a cash sale price.

The cab is in/will ship from Ottawa. Local pickup can also be arranged.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Bump for a great cab!
  7. CH Design

Thanks Tom!

Pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've never kept the cover on the cab so it's a little wrinkled.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. jar240

jar240

I'm curious why you're getting rid of it since it sounds like you're looking for something very similar... Will the dollar amount you ask change depending on the cost of the replacement cab?? C'mon, drop us a cash price! :ninja:
  9. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Media:
    It appears from the OP, that he would prefer a 4ohm/single driver box, which EA has offered in the past. I'm not sure Epifani ever offered a 1x10 or 1x12 in 4ohm.
  10. CH Design

While I really like the tone, I find myself wishing that I had something that is a little punchier and mid present, but just as full and deep sounding. More transparent and flat sounding if that makes sense. I would also prefer a 4 ohm cab to get the most out of my low wattage head. This is strictly a want and not a need. I could keep this cab and be quite happy for a long time.
  11. gnergaard

gnergaard Supporting Member

I have one of these cabs of a similar vintage and can vouch for it. I love mine and use it for doubling gigs, rehearsals and the occasional fly date. It is louder, lighter, fuller sounding and takes more power than any one could/should expect.
    FWIW and IMO I find the mids to be very pleasing and present. I would describe the cab to be very mid-forward in the 400 to 800hz region.
    Bump.
  12. CH Design

Interesting. What head do you power yours with?
  13. CH Design

The dollar amount won't change. It's easy to see what others have sold for. Since this one is in great condition and comes with a cover, if I post a cash price, I'll be asking top dollar.

The decision to post a cash price will be influenced by what is available for a replacement. If something pops up that I want to try, I'll sell this to buy it if a trade isn't an option. I just don't see anything on here or locally that I'm interested in at the moment. I had my eye on something, but found out that is has already been sold.

Also, if someone is interested in the cab without the cover, someone has expressed interest in it. A trade can be arranged with or without the cover if that makes a difference.
  14. CH Design

I'm putting this thread on hold.
    I ended up buying a cab this weekend. I'm going to compare the cabs side by side to figure out which one I want to keep. If I decide to sell the Epi, I'll post a cash price and contact the people who have expressed interest in buying it in the order that I received their requests.
  15. CH Design

The new cab is going to stay. This thread is back off of hold and the cabinet is now for sale. Price is $375 US ($400 CAD) plus shipping. Paypal is fine.

Jar240 is first in line followed by gnergaard and SpaceCadetVibe.
  16. gnergaard

gnergaard Supporting Member

Sorry I missed this. I'm using a Walter Woods Ultra about 90% of the time.
    I get all the mids I could ever want (fretless, upright) and it does extend fairly low especially for a small cab- I use low B strings all the time. I think the thing it might lack for some is punch. It doesn't do that. Perhaps it is a little shy in the 180hz region...but really, I'd say that the UL110 is closer to the 'studio monitor' sound and other cabs are just hyped in the low mids because that is what so many electric bassists want.
    For many applications the UL110 is one of the best I've ever used.

Let me know about your cash price and getting this to Chicago.
    Thanks,
    Greg
  17. CH Design

In looking at some of the recent sale threads for similar cabs, it looks like prices have come down a bit since I purchased this one. I'm readjusting the price to $325 US plus shipping.
  18. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Just as a side note.....at Tom's we coupled this cab with an Epi UL112...and the results were INSANE.
    Sounded better than a pair of the UL112's and for some reason, was nutty louder as well.
    The bada$$ hook up would be this cab and a UL112 version.
  19. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Media:
    I would love to do that pairing, just don't have the chee$e nor something to trade for it... I have one of the heavy, but amazing sounding Epi T-112's w/ceramic driver.
  20. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    +1 True story! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :cool:
  21. CH Design