1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FT Feeler: 1978 Guild B-302 NT with OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Ricky Caboverde, Feb 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

You don't see these often, even on TB. Just wanted to put a feeler out for a trade. Don't really have anything specific in mind but I just have not bonded with this bass yet and am in a mind set to see what else is out there. I've been playing fretless bass exclusively for the past 5 years so fretted or fretless, 5 or 4 string trades...run anything by me. This bass sounds unreal and it just looks sweet :cool: It is in great shape as is the case. It shows that it has been played for the last 34 years, but not abused. There is a little bit of belt buckle rash and some nicks and dings on the bottom of the bass. The hardware is pretty shiny and the frets are in great shape with very minumum wear. There is a small crack by the input jack that only goes through the top black layer of the pickguard (it's about 3/4" long and only goes about 1/16" deep). The sound is huge and ballsy but without any mud. You can play chords down low and hear everything clearly. What I love the most about this bass is how even it sounds from the punchy open E to the G-string (thick and clear).

To get an idea of the sick tone of this bass check out one of my all time favorite tracks from The Cure (albeit, a B301) :
    The Cure - 10:15 Saturday Night - YouTube

I'm looking for nice jazz or PJ either 4 or 5 string - fretted or fretless. I'm only entertaining trades because I can't get used to the body (small upper horn...ie. Thunderbird, Thumb, EB-0L), otherwise it would be staying...I just can't get used to the extra stretch required (call me what you will). You'll have a real hard time finding another one in this finish and condition with the original case, so let me know what you got!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More pics if interested: Guild B302 NT pictures by WALFREAK - Photobucket
  2. JonahTheAmazing

JonahTheAmazing

0   0   0

I love these basses. Bump for the elusive Guilds.
  3. Ricky Caboverde

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

4. Ricky Caboverde

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

5. lmfreeman9

lmfreeman9 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

Guild=Great basses!
  6. dlenaghan

dlenaghan Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Damn, that thing is mint! GLWTS
  7. Ricky Caboverde

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Thanks for the love guys :)
  8. marksrick

marksrick

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

you want a traynor yba -2 tube head and traynor 410 w/horn on castors?
  9. Ricky Caboverde

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Not in need of amps...I play on Sundays mainly and go straight to the board :)
    Thanks though!
  10. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0

Ohhhh this is so sexy.
  11. NachosNDip

NachosNDip

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I just saw this same bass on SFlorida craigslist haha.
  12. Ricky Caboverde

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

That would be my listing
  13. marksrick

marksrick

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Hi , you want to take an ampeg svt classic to church on Sunday before you go to the board?
  14. Ricky Caboverde

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Thanks Mark, but I really have no need for a amp head
  15. Ricky Caboverde

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

I think I'm going to hold on to thus for a bit longer...I just adjusted the strap to be shorter and the bass somehow feels more comfortable to me now. I also took it GC yesterday to compare with some Fenders and MM basses I was considering, but none sounded as good to me as this one. I'd rather not regret a dumb decision...
  16. Ricky Caboverde

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Moving this to a fresh listing to change title.

After two years of rocking out with this bass, I'm starting to get the GAS itch (and I really miss my M Basses fretless 5er).

This is now for sale for $1000 shipped and I will post current pics very soon...it has more wear after two years than the pics up top show (about 7/10 overall). It still come with the OHSC, original strap buttons, owner's manual and some NOS Guild "reflector" knobs that most people seem to like (I personally prefer the giant knobs more).

Pics soon to follow.

$1000 shipped (or perhaps trade for a good 5er)

Sound clip (very light compression and a hint of Sansamp grit-- favoring the neck pickup and tone backed off about 30%)
    http://m.soundcloud.com/caboverde-1/cfunited-waiting-here-for-you

[​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.