1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FT Feeler- Brubaker Brute SC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by beggar98, Jan 21, 2014.

1. beggar98

beggar98 Supporting Member

Definitely not convinced I want to move on from this, but figured I'd see what else is out there.

Pretty much brand new Brubaker Brute SC 5 string. I purchased this in May from the dreaded Grand Central Music, received it in September. It was in desperate need of a setup, so I had about $150 worth of work done at Austin Vintage Guitars. They do incredible work, and after some truss rod tweaks and leveling a few frets this thing plays great. Action is set medium low, if you're a heavy slapper you might need to bring it up a bit. Natural finish, rosewood board. I'll get some pics up later today/tonight.

As far as trades, I'm interested in similar value 5-strings. I prefer dark fretboards and active electronics, MTD/Lakland/etc. I would throw in some cash towards a Human Base X.oc5. I'm keeping it local to New Orleans for now. Let me hear what you've got...
  2. beggar98

Pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If anyone wants to see anything more, let me know. I'm not much of a photographer. The bass in still in as-new condition.
  3. beggar98

4. Tre63

Tre63 Supporting Member

I am looking into one of these...if you don't mind me asking, what don't you like about this bass?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. beggar98

Sorry, been away awhile.

I think my biggest issue is with the pups and pre. My plan is to try and save some scratch and go with Bartolini in both and see how that goes. Though I'm still open to local New Orleans deals...