1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FT (Feeler): EBMM Stingray 4H and/or Fender MIA Precision for Modulus!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jmattbassplaya, Dec 8, 2012.

1. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Hey guys,

Let it be known first and foremost that this is simply a feeler thread and that I reserve the right to come to my senses at any time... but enough with being melodramatic! :p

I'm looking to possibly trade either my 2012 EBMM StingRay 4H or my 2010 MIA Fender Precision for a Modulus Flea/Funk Unlimited. I recently picked up a Modulus Quantum 5 in a trade, and I have to admit that Modulus basses just seem to do it for me more than any other brands that I have ever tried.

2012 EBMM StingRay 4H:

I got this bass brand new as an insurance replacement for my last Ray that unfortunately met its demise in a traffic accident. This one is in 9.5/10 condition, and it comes with its OHSC. It has a white finish, a tort guard, and a rosewood neck. The neck plays incredibly well, and I have yet to find any dead spots on the neck. The action on this bass is also incredibly low in comparison to most Rays that I have played (I've owned over 10 now), and the sound is to die for:

**note that all stickers/plastic have been removed from the Ray since these pictures have been taken**

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2010 MIA Fender Precision:

I bought this bass in the summer of 2010 (if I remember correctly) from TB'er Nostatic. The bass is in about 7.5-8/10 condition and has your typical players wear, but nothing too gnarly or drastic. The pickups have been upgraded with Delano's, which give it a much fuller, clearer, and punchier sound than the stock pups. That said, I still have the stock pups and will include them with the trade. The bass also comes with its OHSC. The finish is three tone burst, and the fretboard is rosewood:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As for the Modulus, let it be known now that I do not like basses with Bart electronics, and as such I won't be interested in any Flea/FU that has them. I'm willing to add cash or possibly even effect pedals to any deal, and I might be willing to trade both basses (+ cash my way) for the right Modulus. Please PM with any questions you might have!

Happy Holidays!
    -James-

2. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Just any FYI thats not the original case american standards are sold with, thats a G&G tolex case, american standards come in a hard plastic case. That case is actually nicer and worth more.

I love that stingray.

3. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

You're right! Thanks for the heads up :)

4. lyes4string

lyes4string Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist of Warwick Basses
    Nice ray! Wish I had something to offer, not letting go of my stingray and I think I beat any value out of my Warwick thumb.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

7. mike nyce

mike nyce

Hello,

Would you consider trading for a musicman stealth 4HH in mint condition?
    Please email me if interested
    Thanks
    Mike

8. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Thanks for the offer, but I'm really looking for a Modulus.

Bump!

9. cjmodulus

cjmodulus

Bump for a great dude to deal with and 2 smokin' basses! Glad to hear you're Digging the quantum James.