1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FT Feeler Fender (warmoth) Jazz Bass Custom Build With Bound & Blocked Neck & Badass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by svt1233, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. svt1233

svt1233

Hey guys, I'm posting this as a trade feeler, not so sure that I want to get rid of it because it's so dang nice. I acquired this bass a few months ago here on TB. Condition is 9.5/10 in essence new and just shines. I've been looking to diversify my bass collection and have too many similar basses, being ash body and maple neck jazzes galore. Currently looking at a graphite neck jazz among rays and others.

Selling a used but in EXCELLENT condition - custom made 4 string jazz bass. Bass is a custom Warmoth Swamp Ash natural body (5 lbs) that was bought direct from Warmoth in April 2012. Brought it to Pat Wilkins for custom finishing. Pat did an amazing job! Body in amazing like new condition with amazing grain.

Per Narud on TB, the pickups are from a 1983 62 reissue jazz. they're made the same as the stock pickups complete with flat poles that are sprayed with lacquer. These are practically pre cbs pups and pots with all the tone without paying the big bucks.
    Allparts maple on maple neck with beautiful pearloid white block inlays and white binding. Badass II factory grooved saddled chrome bridge. Neck has nice figuring, Fender stamped 70's tuners, custom Fender Jazz 70's waterslide decal, and Hipshot Detuner.
    Neck is straight and frets in great condition. Binding in perfect condition as is nut.

Bass tone has a lot of punch. The pickups are cloth covered. Sounds amazing.

Also comes with custom Fender "F" neck plate with random serial number made online.
    Though bass shows normal light wear, there's No major dings, scratches or pitting. Neck is smooth but has normal wear. Some finish checking on headstock but not really noticeable. Frets have lots of life left in them and truss adjusts easily. Neck feels great as does body contour.

Comes with SKB Hard Shell Case in good condition. Some scuffs on case but latches and handle work perfectly.

There is easily $1600 sunk into this bass. This is one of the best basses I've ever owned, but am looking for a new style and tone.

Trade interests:
    Basses with split coil bridge and neck pups w/jazz profile necks
    Rickenbacker almost any year, model or color as long as its in not beat to **** shape
    other jazz basses, open to many different kinds, active, fretless etc
    Possible artist basses like jaco/ stu hamm etc.
    EBMM stingray (especially slo special)
    other customs and parts basses
    steinberger headless?
    American deluxe jazz bass (fretless possible)
    Possibly partial trades+cash for things like Fbass, sadowsky, alembic and possibly some other boutique bassess

Pretty open to suggestions, hit me with what you got.
    Now onto the pics!
    Full Album: http://imgur.com/a/W8lPa#0

HSC included though a bit tattered it gets the job done
    New fs price $950 shipped

Attached Files:

2. Corevalay

Corevalay Supporting Member

Man, I wish you had posted this before I sold my Stingray!
  3. svt1233

svt1233

Aw man, I'm just getting into Rays too.
  4. svt1233

svt1233

Got some interesting offers but not too many that really spark my interest. Would love to hear what you guys have. I can trade up or down.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. svt1233

svt1233

Just played her this morning, starting to have second thoughts, It's the fastest playing jazz I have.
  7. justjake

justjake

nice looking jazz, p.m. sent
  8. svt1233

svt1233

I've been wanting to trade this for a low end alembic that's in the classifieds right now but seller wants only cash, looking to move this. also looking at 4 string Fbass. Send me some offers cash or trade up or down.
  9. justjake

justjake

pis's re-sent
  10. svt1233

svt1233

I've got a few trades on the line, but until it is shipped out I will still be taking offers.
  11. svt1233

svt1233

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.