1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FT Feeler G&L JB-2

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TurkeypillSLEEP, Jan 13, 2014.

1. TurkeypillSLEEP

TurkeypillSLEEP Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Greetings TBer's!

I am putting up my beloved 2001 JB-2 that was purchased only 3 months ago from bdgotoh here on TB. First off, this bass is unreal. Easily the best sounding jazz I have ever played. In all honesty I don't really want to part with it, but my heart cries for a P bass and I am unable to have both.

As listed by bdgotoh

"First is a rare custom USA-made G&L JB-2. It's one of the last of the bi-cut necks out of the factory and has a rosewood fingerboard without any face dots, width at the nut is 1.5". The neck is quartersawn for stability and strength. The body is swamp ash with a beautiful transparent orange finish that shows the woodgrain. Super clean condition, this supposedly used to belong to Paul Allen of Microsoft fame. Frets are clean, neck has a very comfortable back contour. Weight is light at 8.3 lbs. Super sweet bass, I'm just not into Jazzes any more. Comes with a solid original molded case that has the feet knocked in like usual."

Since receiving this instrument I have done a little modding to it. I have installed a push/pull series/parallel switch on the neck volume, and I have completely shielded the guts with copper tape. If you wanted this bass true to original, I kept the original wiring and pots to revert it.

Eye-candy

[​IMG]

I am looking for another G&L, preferably with a #8 gloss neck. I am supremely interested in the SB1, SB2, LB100, L2k and older El Toro models. I am not as concerned with finish/wiring issues. As long as the neck is straight, flat and slim I am interested.

I have NO finish color reservations. If its a unique color I would probably be WAYYYYY more interested.

Finally, depending on the model/year and condition I am willing to go +a little cash/gear to even it out.

Thanks for looking!
  2. sailri

sailri

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Private Message Sent!