SOLD FT Feeler: Mint/Modded 2011 Carvin SB 4000

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by David_70, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David_70

David_70 Supporting Member

Additional photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wn2m82cyw6ji6rv/bI2bbaLlpU

Long story gets longer. I encourage you to review my posts surrounding the dream "Fenderbird" I built, to see how I have arrived at this trade feeler. BTW, the loaded Warmoth body to that T-bird is for sale in Accessories on this site. As for the Carvin...

Bought Carvin in January, 2011. Honeyburst on flamed maple, with active/passive electronics. When I dismantled the Fenderbird, I sold the Carvin's neck and had luthier replace it with the '75 MIA Jazz Reissue blocked and bound rosewood neck you see in this picture (neck cost me $750 from The Stratosphere, on sale... Neck is new: went on and off Fenderbird in March '12 and onto Carvin in the Fall of 2012). So, felt I better get some value out of the neck by placing it on my Carvin. I also kept on the Hipshot Ultralite tuners from the T-bird - as seen in the photos (I have the original Fender '75 tuners if wanted - I'd replace the Hipshots if so).

I'm looking to trade, because as perfect as the bass looks, sounds, and feels (love the neck) - I just don't care for 4 strings anymore. Got a Carvin SB 5000 this year, and simply cannot give up my B-string... Not going back to 4's.

I'm open to any/all trade offers, so long as they are: 5-strings of comparable value or greater (I'd add cash for the right bass) than the sum of the parts you see on my modded Carvin. Thank you for your interest.

Attached Files:

2. Moooon

Moooon

3. David_70

4. David_70

This is likely my last bump, just to see what might be out there. Reconsidering keeping.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. t-ray

t-ray Supporting Member

7. David_70

PM replied. Still available.

8. David_70

Still here. Have had some nice trade offers so far, but my hybrid is pristine - with brand new, top of the line American neck - so not in any rush to move it, absent a really compelling trade. Thanks!

9. David_70

...I'm keeping my baby. Thread closed.

10. David_70

Still not using this great bass - and would like another 5 string, so re-posting the thread. Bass has been played twice since last Summer. Serious (no low ball) cash offers welcome as well. Thanks for your interest.

11. David_70

12. logans59

logans59

13. David_70

PM replied. Still available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.