1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FT Feeler:Warwick Taranis 5 for a Thumb 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by willyrep, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willyrep

willyrep

Hey y'all. I'm considering trading my Corvette Taranis 5 (2006) for a Thumb Bolt-on 5. Would be willing to possibly add cash on my end.
    Not a lot of people know about the Taranis model as it was a limited production design. The 4 string version was meant to be tuned BEAD and used for "heavier" styles of music.
    What I have is the 5 string model, lightweight(!) 2 piece swamp ash body with a nirvana black sandblasted finish. Essentially the body has a very rich textured look to it. COMPLETELY Passive J/MM setup. Monstrous and loud bass with a huge lowend and very thick mid-range. Cuts through the mix like a beast.
    Cosmetically it is a 8.5/10. Straight neck, low action and recently set up before a European tour I brought it out on. Neck is still straight and plays awesome! I used this bass mainly with a touring Blues (modern R&B) artist and the stingray style tone on the back pickup is incredible. The only mod I made to it was add chrome German Warwick Hardware, ( I felt it complimented the organic look more and made it less "stealth").
    I will have a link to detailed pictures up tomorrow if there is any interest, gotta get ready for a gig. I'm looking for a comparable "used" later year bolt-on thumb 5-string. '90s models are actually preferred because I love wenge necks. I can be flexible on physical/aesthetic points but it has to work and play! EDIT: Also interested in Streamer 5 strings....bolt-on, jazzmans, Mastermans etc...
    Also added updated trade interests, see bottom post. Thanks!

Cheers and feel free to ask any questions-Included is a link to the model on Warwicks site.

http://www.warwick.de/modules/produkte/produkt.php?katID=22019&cl=EN
  2. willyrep

willyrep

3. willyrep

willyrep

Bump it up
  4. willyrep

willyrep

Sunday Bumpday....no love for the Taranis?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. 8liter

8liter Supporting Member

Man that thing is freaking gorgeous. Free bump to you, sir.
  7. willyrep

willyrep

Thanks man! Yeah it really is a unique looking bass. Always get lots of compliments. This thread has a ton of views-i guess my trade requirements are just too specific?
  8. willyrep

willyrep

Lots of views but no thumbs up......:ninja:
  9. BoobieParker

BoobieParker

WOW beautiful bass, never even seen one. All I have to offer for it would be my Corvette $$ with the exact same stain! Either way, awesome bass sir.
  10. willyrep

willyrep

Before gig bump......
  11. sippi

sippi

I will be in New Orleans getting married next week. I know you are looking for a thumb but what about selling outright? Also since you added the chrome hardware would you be interested in selling the black hardware that came with it initially. I currently have a 5 standard corvette that is screaming for some black hardware.

Thanks,

Sippi
  12. MarTONEbass

MarTONEbass Supporting Member

Nice looking bass!

[​IMG]
  13. willyrep

willyrep

Thank for the picture bump! As of now, just looking for a trade.
  14. sippi

sippi

Just curious if you still have the black hardware that initially came on the Taranis? If so would you be interested in selling it?
  15. willyrep

willyrep

The black hardware is on my streamer now.
  16. devin369

devin369

ooooh I own a 2003 Thumb BO.............hmmmmmmmmmm that guy looks purdy, and right now my dream bass is a Corvette $$ 4....... but in a way, your bass is a perfect mix between my My Thumb bass and my Dream Bass........... hmmmm?????????
  17. willyrep

willyrep

Thanks for the bump! Tonally I would say it's probably not gonna sound like the active $$ basses. It's all passive and has a very strong midrange thickness to it. Lots of lowend too. The bridge humbucker gets a really nice stingray tone. I was thinking about putting an emg preamp i have in it to open things up but i love the fact that it's passive and still retains that famous Warwick "growl". Message me if you have any questions !
  18. willyrep

willyrep

For those who are curious, here's a link to some live sound clips from last years Jazz Fest. Not sure how it was recorded but I know my backline was an Eden rig. Find "Mem Shannon and the Membership" on the list and click preview and you'll get clips of songs. Oh, and wear headphones!
    https://www.munckmusic.com/wms/jazzfest/index.html
  19. willyrep

willyrep

pre-turkey day Gobble Gobble bump
  20. willyrep

willyrep

I'm not going to start a new thread, but I will add that I'm opening up trade options. Throw some interesting basses at me-let's see what happens. I also might have a local trade or sale pending. But as for trades, I would like a 5-string. Versatile pickup combination, active. 34" scale preferably but I can do 35'' as well. I like spacing around 17-18mm. Show me what you're working with! I'm putting trade value at around 900-1100 dollars..... and as always, I'm always partial to Warwicks :)
    Cheers!
  21. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.