FT Fender Bassman and matching Fender Bassman Cab

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Sugar McGuinn, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Sugar McGuinn

Sugar McGuinn Supporting Member

I have this up on my local Craigslist, but thought I'd toss it out here also...

Up for trade is a 1980-81 (?) Fender Bassman 70 with matching Bassman 70 2x15 cab. (I'd Really prefer to keep this local - Willing to drive a bit, if necessary)

100% HAND-WIRED IN THE USA - Yes, that's right - No Circuit Board to see here....

The head is all tube (save for the linear rectifier) and loaded with NOS RCA preamp and power tubes (the tubes might be worth more than the amp). The cab is one of the diagonal 2x15s, which are smaller than typical Bassman Cabs most of us are use to seeing, and much better in my opinion. I replaced the grill cloth on both the head and the cab to a cool looking basket weave a few years ago. The rig has been an amazing rehearsal and recording bass amp. I have not taken it out on gigs. Condition is 8 out of 10. I give it that based mostly on its age. It should be stated that these later Bassman amps have the Ultra Linear Rectifier design which is intended to make the amp run as clean as possible, and great for bass (imagine that), but guitar players didn't dig them so much. I've heard that jazz players liked them... and that would make sense... I've also read that some guitar players dig them because the really emphasize effects pedals, due to the "clean" nature of the amp... But really, who here give a rip about what guitar players like... <grin>

I have recently switched to a different amp at the studio, and no longer really need this, so... thought I might trade-bait it for something that can get used... Some might not think 70 watts is enough for bass, but I've used this in a 10-piece County/Soul band (with horns!) for a few years, and I've never had to push it past 6. It's a really efficient rig, and is quite loud.

Things that interest me, trade-wise... (+/- cash where applicable - and just for clarification, the guitar gear is for the wife <grin>)

1. Fender 65 Reissue Deluxe Reverb (NOT Hot Rod Version)
    2. Vox AC15 (prefer English made, but open)
    3. American Telecasters
    4. Bergantino Bass Cabs
    5. Ampeg B-15s (Other USA Ampegs)
    6. Aguilar Amps (No cabs)
    7. Good Microphones and/or Preamps
    8. Something different that the above list makes you think I might be interested in...

You can see what this is going... Please, no junk-gear offers.:scowl:

Anyway, if you're interested, shoot me an email with what you have. A few photos and good description go a long way to grabbing my attention... send photos to theechopool@gmail.com

Thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. Sugar McGuinn

More Pics.

Can supply oddles of photos upon request. Just PM me your email addy.

Attached Files:

3. Sugar McGuinn

The good stuff...

Attached Files: